Changes

Jean

Forums Enthusiast
I just noticed from a picture our neighbor took of Blaze when he was about six months old that his blaze is getting thinner! His nose was in a sea of white back then and now a light, light golden seems to be making an appearance! Same with his britches! (Honest, since the change is real slow, I didn't even notice the change until...) I know that his sire was a golden sable but his mother was bi-black/tri factored. And I hope he never loses his little black spot on his tale and the black near his white ruff although I must admit that the black and gold along his body is very attractive. Sables--the chameleons.
 
It really is something the changes maturity brings. Sprite started life with a small but definite while blaze on her forehead which is gone now at 10 months. I'm happy, since I love the plain faces. She still has some white around her nose but no blaze.

They do love to surprise us, don't they! :winkgrin:
 
Honey had a little blaze as a pup. The breeder told us she would lose it as she grew, but she still has the tiniest streak of white down her face that looks like it's been painted on with a really fine tipped paintbrush.
 
Isn't it quirky how they change.

Savannah was the lightest sable I ever saw, her parents both are lighter. Now that she coated up, she has traces of black highlights. Her streak and blaze are shifted so not even on her face like when she was a pup. I think she looks lopsided, ha.

Kaleigh got a bath yesterday and I was brushing her out. She is shredding a lot in the underpants area. (2 bags full). Being a tri-she was solid black on her back end, now her back legs/thighs are showing lots of the lighter fur like I put in highlights. Her back end is getting curls, something she never had either. It makes me laugh, because several want to stick straight up.

You never know, hopefully Blaze will keep those accents you like on him.
 
Do you have any pictures? Phoebe has that gorgeous blue black (as opposed to brown black) at the base of her tail too, and now starting on her shoulders. The contrast is lovely. Daddy was a golden, Mom reddish merle, but grandma was a really really dark sable. So far she is copper and apricot, but I guess she could take after grandma.
 
Back
Top