Charlotte

ClantyreSheltie

Forums Sage
So my landlord came flying out of the house into the backyard this afternoon with a limp, not breathing Charlotte. She had fed them, and sometimes Char pukes up her food, and re-eats it. It's not a big deal, dogs do it all the time. Today, it got lodged further than I could reach, and her tongue and gums turned blue right in front of me. We got to the emergency vet in less than three minutes, but she died in the car on the way.

Charlotte was the perfect dog, a rescue who came from a commercial breeder. Jacky spent a year trying to make her right. She was in fantastic condition for her age and loved to play with her boyfriend, my Marque. She was the reining princess, much to the consternation of the poodles.

Add to this my friend lost her 16 year old cat today, and it's been a crap day.

Charlotte
January 2, 2000 to March 28, 2012
 
Oh, Rachael, I am so sorry. You did everything you could, I know. :sadsmile:
Please tell your friend my heart goes out to her on this saddest of days.
 
Thanks guys.

I just got a good look at the back of my hand, it is all kinds of bruised and scraped from jamming my fingers down her throat.

Gah. I looked up how to deal with a choking dog, and we did it all.
 
What a dreadful way to lose a pet. I'm so sorry. I'm sure you did everything possible for her.
 
Oh I am so sorry. She was a gorgeous dog, I have seen many of the pics you posted of her. Such a traumatic loss for you and her Mom. Just heartbreaking.
 
Back
Top