Chronic tummy problems

Deska isn't going to make it through the night. I took him to the emergency vet - he has more internal leaking and peritonitis. They could do more surgery but it would mean another week at the hospital, and there's a high chance he may not survive. And the cancer will still be there and will still take him, and there could be more leakage. He's on methadone at the hospital.

I'm just packing a little bag of things to take to rainbow bridge. Some KFC, his fave squeaky toy (the only one that Tully let him have), a brush, a stick, I'll give him a lock of my hair. Not sure what else. I'm going back to the hospital and going to sit in the back of the car with Deska. I don't know whether to tell them to come out after a certain time, because I don't know how I will say it's time. I know I'll probably just stay there until dawn, or longer. I don't want to let go.
 
Caro, I am so deeply sorry. Deska is blessed to have shared his life with you and the intense love you have for him will be with him forever...nothing can diminish that love. Saying goodbye to such a precious heart dog is beyond devastating and there simply are no words anyone can say that make it easier. Please know our hearts and our love are with you and little Deska as he makes this final journey.
Trini
 
Trini, you always have exactly the right words to say when we all reach this time that we all dread.

Caro, my heart is just shattered for you. Thank you so much for caring about us to keep us informed at this time of crisis. Our hearts and prayers are with you. I am so very sorry for your loss.
Heartfelt condolences to you.
 
Caro I am so very sorry...your little sweet brave Deska has fought a hard battle and you've done so much for him.
It breaks my heart and fills my eyes with tears to hear that he's gotten sicker, I'd so hoped you'd have one more Christmas together.
Know that I'm thinking of you as you make this final journey with Deska.
Sending you all my love, Lisa
 
Caro, you cared for Deska and did beyond what anyone else would do. Deska fought so hard, what a trooper. You were both so blessed to have each other. Sending you lots and lots of love.
 
We are all with you in spirit, Caro. Know that you are doing the best thing for Deska now, as hard as it for you. It sounds like he is telling you he's ready. I am so sorry that you won't have the days that you wanted with him, but he will be all around you in many ways. Sending you all the comfort we can give, and hugs.
 
Deska will be comforted by your being there with him...
Sending strength, hope, and love to you...
 
Back
Top