Justicemom
Forums Celebrity
Ok I don't laugh but I broke my puppy.
I have been clicker training Birch and he is a sponge learns so fast it isn't funny. But I have never clicker trained a dog before so I am not sure how to proceed.
Yesterday I taught Birch to sit. He did great and was offering the sit(straight , legs under body, tuck sit-yes) in less than 10 mins. I even start to pair in with the verbal cue. This morning I was teaching him to sit in front and heel positions. he is getting it. But now this evening he wouldn't do anything else he will just sit there. I have tried to wait him out , tried to release him by throwing food, tugging. Which he will do but as soon as he releases the tug or gets the food he sits and won't move. It could be at my feet or 10 ft away.
He will growl and whine but not move. Hell he is doing better sit stays then Diva. How should I proceeed. I waited for him to offer another behavior and clicked that but as soon as I clicked he sat again and didn't move for 10 minutes.
His sit is perfect, I like that behavior but I want him to do something else!
Wild puppy where are you!
I have been clicker training Birch and he is a sponge learns so fast it isn't funny. But I have never clicker trained a dog before so I am not sure how to proceed. Yesterday I taught Birch to sit. He did great and was offering the sit(straight , legs under body, tuck sit-yes) in less than 10 mins. I even start to pair in with the verbal cue. This morning I was teaching him to sit in front and heel positions. he is getting it. But now this evening he wouldn't do anything else he will just sit there. I have tried to wait him out , tried to release him by throwing food, tugging. Which he will do but as soon as he releases the tug or gets the food he sits and won't move. It could be at my feet or 10 ft away.
He will growl and whine but not move. Hell he is doing better sit stays then Diva. How should I proceeed. I waited for him to offer another behavior and clicked that but as soon as I clicked he sat again and didn't move for 10 minutes.
His sit is perfect, I like that behavior but I want him to do something else!Wild puppy where are you!


