D.T.M

Darren

Forums Enthusiast
Dont.Trust.Monty

Just thought I would share my latest bit of Monty embarrassment. There's a pub that has just turned dog friendly recently so Monty has been getting to look around and meet new people. I went for something to eat and since it was very quiet I gave Monty a little freedom to explore.

Monty436.jpg
shortly after this photo some people started arriving and filling up the seats to the right of Monty. Well one young couple sat down with their drinks and the lady started putting her hand down for Monty. Monty decided to sit looking at her but I had his leash on lock so he couldn't go over. She then says it's ok just let him come so I stupidly unlocked his leash.....
Monty walks towards them like he wants a pet, gets close and tries to jump on their table. He must have mistimed it as he crashes into the side and falls backwards onto his back. The resulting table knock along with the shock to the couple, knocked a pint of beer over which then spilled all over Monty...and a glass of wine which fell onto the woman.
In my panic I jump up and tripped on the table leg....then falling over and rolling along the carpet myself......luckily that one only cost me my pride.

The young couple took it quite well and after much apologising from me, they had to leave to go get changed out her ermm wet and stained clothes, I had to spend a while explaining to the owner what had gone wrong and then I helped clean up best I could......Hopefully Monty doesn't get them rethinking their dog friendly rules :rolleyes2: I'll keep Monty away for a month or two so they forget all about it haha.

Ugh I know Monty jumps onto chairs/tables and he has jumped into peoples food and knocked things over previously so I shouldn't have trusted him but he had been pretty calm this day so I foolishly gave him some truat haha.. It looks like i'm going back to carrying him over to people when they want to see him :lol:

Also as a result of being covered in beer, little Monty had to go in the bath so I had to deal with a wet Monty charging around the house for a day :dead:
I believe in another thread I said I will always have a Sheltie....please don't hold me to that, I'm going to become a gerbil man....much easier to manage :lol:

Monty437.jpg
Monty438.jpg
 
So the lesson is leave the leash on lock and walk over so he can be petted DTM. They will probably get a laugh (and stay dry) when you explain why you did not let him come over.

Everyone wants to pet Spitfire because of his cute factor but he demands they admire from a distance of no less than 5 feet or if overseas 2m.
 
I think these pub owners will all soon have Monty’s picture up with a sign saying Don’t trust this dog...trouble ensues!
When I first say your title I thought...hmmm Due to Monty? Would’ve worked too :ROFLMAO:
You should’ve listened to your voice that said Don’t trust him! Lol
 
Oooooh Monty! Not to worry, Darren...there will never be another Monty, I promise! He is one of a kind. Unless of course it's something in the air in your house LOL. Then you could have a Monty-clone gerbil! :wideyed:

Thanks for sharing this adventure. I've been missing the Monty stories and this was just the start to the day I needed! Repeat after me: Monty + Leash Forever! :ROFLMAO:
 
OMG. :ROFLMAO: And it figures it was in a newly dog friendly pub. :whistle: Darren, i also got the laugh I needed this morning from your story. DTM, indeed. It's true, he's so small and cute and fluffy that it's easy to forget that he launches himself onto tables. I don't think you'd have half as much fun with a gerbil! :lol:
 
Back
Top