Damn those Sheltie Pants!

Caliber has a huge case of Sheltie Pants...aka FuzzButt. I never noticed up until about a week ago how hugely fuzzy they are!! What do you guys recommend for it? Do I leave it...should I take him to a groomer to get it clipped down? I mean, it doesn't bother me brushing it all out everyday...it's never matted or tangled. What does everyone else do about the fuzzbutt?

I find my Furminator gets rid of all of the extra coat that makes for big fuzzy pants. No cutting necessary. It works with Sadie and Milo, my parent's sheltie whom I groom also. He has a thick coat and his butt gets so huge!

I don't have any good fluffy butt photos of Sadie but here's an ok one of Milo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5205505357920086194
 
I find my Furminator gets rid of all of the extra coat that makes for big fuzzy pants. No cutting necessary. It works with Sadie and Milo, my parent's sheltie whom I groom also. He has a thick coat and his butt gets so huge!

I don't have any good fluffy butt photos of Sadie but here's an ok one of Milo:

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5205505357920086194

What size Furminator do you use with Sadie, Mel?
I saw them in the pet store when I was in buying his food, but didn't wanna get one in case it was too big? The Medium looked about right...figured it woudl be good for the cats as well.

P.s. I don't even care - Milo is prolly one of the most handsome Shelties I've ever seen!!!
 
What size Furminator do you use with Sadie, Mel?
I saw them in the pet store when I was in buying his food, but didn't wanna get one in case it was too big? The Medium looked about right...figured it woudl be good for the cats as well.

P.s. I don't even care - Milo is prolly one of the most handsome Shelties I've ever seen!!!

I have a medium sized one and yes, it is perfect for Sadie. Don't buy it at Petsmart though, get one off of Ebay. MUCH cheaper. You could also keep an eye out on Kijiji
 
I have a medium sized one and yes, it is perfect for Sadie. Don't buy it at Petsmart though, get one off of Ebay. MUCH cheaper. You could also keep an eye out on Kijiji

The one I saw was at the pet store I get his food from...it was like $30?? Am I still able to get it cheaper on Ebay??
 
I've never seen a true Furminator in stores for less than $60. What pet store?

I have a medium one as well....and I did pay the full $60. Just couldn't wait for it. It's great! But I always dampen the fur either with water or spray in conditioner first. The butt hair is so dry! Also - don't use the strokes that the video shows. Far too aggressive. I use a much lighter touch.
 
Mine is small (use also for cats) and I got it for 13$ new on Ebay, there are tons on there, if you keep an eye on it you can do really well with them (make sure you get the real thing!).

Also, Milo is STUNNING what a great picture!
 
Back
Top