Distance & directional training ???

Sounds like a great training session. I always have to remind myself...for as smart as they are, they do NOT generalize very well. I never thought about the right/left issue, I wonder if Koji is like that too. hehehe. Good luck with your next session. It's a nice day here, maybe I'll take Koji out and work with him too.
 
Distant

So How does this tree method work Exactally LOL: set one jump in front of tree another off to the side of tree, run over first jump head towards tree , push dog out to jump before hitting tree, if successful move jump farther away from tree.. continue increasing distance from tree to push out jump???

This is a method I was considering but using a big square garbage can they have in the training hall instead of the tree :biggrin2:

Well if you want when this lovely weather breaks I will demonstarte with a video and Shadow.In the mean time I have a couple videos on youtube of him running a baseball diamond and one of him and Sting working 50 feet away from me by running around a soccer net.
 
Well the pushouts at yesterdays practice session went much better both left & right, I set out a cone channel on the right side to gide him out to the 2 jumps I had set out on that side. after a few runs I started removing cones
one by one and by the end of the session he was working away on the right side a lot better..Was A good session I had the hall all to myself for 1:30 minutes before anyone else showed up ,so I was able to pretty much do what I wanted with no distractions then brodie the BC showed up & funtime was on.

I will look at HD for the Food tube Thanks.
 
I think as he gets more confident working away, he will gain speed, as he won't feel the need to be right there with you.
 
Thanks for the info. I may need a longer one, so it'd be much easier to go to HD, then to pay shipping at CR (esp on a $2 item).

Exactly. They cost the same, it's the shipping that kills you unless you're ordering something else too. For that matter you can probably make them with clear pvc for pretty cheap too :biggrin2:
 
Hi there,...

We also aren't too good when it comes to the distance work, but I have to say running around trees helped us a lot in general. It improves whole handling thing and also when I was sending him to run around a tree, I'd always increase distance a little. We might look crazy, but right now, we're running even around streetlights, bins etc :lol:
If you want to get an idea how it looks like and works check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FCuqJMydFE&feature=player_embedded#at=152
and Finns
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7374732/19285623
 
Hi there,...

We also aren't too good when it comes to the distance work, but I have to say running around trees helped us a lot in general. It improves whole handling thing and also when I was sending him to run around a tree, I'd always increase distance a little. We might look crazy, but right now, we're running even around streetlights, bins etc :lol:
If you want to get an idea how it looks like and works check this out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9FCuqJMydFE&feature=player_embedded#at=152
and Finns
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/7374732/19285623

those are awesome videos :yes:
something to work towards :wink2:
 
Back
Top