Do I get a bed or not???

nbrard

Forums Enthusiast
Once again I found myself looking at the dog beds at Costco today. They have this one big round bed with the removable cover that is stuffed with fiber fill and cedar chips. It looks great and has a removable cover for washing but it is 42" in diameter which seems big, although both dogs here do like to stretch out.

Mikos likes to sleep in the leather chair or on the floor while Brie likes to sleep on any of the couches. They do sleep in their crates at night so the bed would be for during the day and evening when they are just hanging out.

I can't decide if I should get one or if it will just end up sitting on the floor with a cat sleeping on it because the dogs don't like it. Do many of your shelties like these beds to sleep on? Any feedback would be appreciated to help me decide!
 
I have that exact bed and Gypsy loves it, Chandler did too. I also have another bed I bought at Costco 8 yrs ago wash the cover once a week and I just noticed a small tear in it. I can't believe a bed i paid 17.99 for lasted that long through Lacey, Chandler and Gypsy.

I say go for it. Wash the cover inside out so the rope trim doesn't unravel. Sorry for the blurry pic but it's the only one that showed the bed well.
.
 

Attachments

  • PA290003.jpg
    PA290003.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Sca thinks beds are for battle royal :( After not having one for a long time I got him a king size Kong. Well the battle started and I would stop him then find in under it attacking then next night :rolleyes2: After about a week I figured he would never lay on it since I had run him off so many times. Nope it is one of his spots now in the evenings (and he has not attacked it in a few days)
 
I asked myself the same question with Domino - he lies on the rug or the couch most of the time so did we need a dog bed? We eventually got just a small rectangular bed and to be honest he doesn't use it much - why would he when he can have the pick of the "human furniture"?? I have found it useful for training him to go to his place but that is pretty much the extent that we have used it.
 
My neighbors have a couple of those beds for their large mixed dogs. They love them.

I thought about buying a couple because they look and smell so nice, but they're just too big. I prefer having some patches of floor to walk on in my bedroom. :lol:

If you have room for one then I don't see the problem.
 
We have dog beds scattered around the house. Orvis does a "dump" sale near our place twice a year, and we get them super-cheap. I even got the one I saw in the catalog with the name "Layla" embroidered on it for dirt! The Orvis ones last forever!
 
I have that exact bed and Gypsy loves it, Chandler did too. I also have another bed I bought at Costco 8 yrs ago wash the cover once a week and I just noticed a small tear in it. I can't believe a bed i paid 17.99 for lasted that long through Lacey, Chandler and Gypsy.

I say go for it. Wash the cover inside out so the rope trim doesn't unravel. Sorry for the blurry pic but it's the only one that showed the bed well.
.

That is the one, and Gypsy looks so comfy on it! It's funny, when I was looking at them a lady stopped and said she has had one for years, washes it once a week and it is still great!

Sca thinks beds are for battle royal :( After not having one for a long time I got him a king size Kong. Well the battle started and I would stop him then find in under it attacking then next night :rolleyes2: After about a week I figured he would never lay on it since I had run him off so many times. Nope it is one of his spots now in the evenings (and he has not attacked it in a few days)

That is so funny, Sca you are such a wonderfully crazy character!!! Hopefully we won't have any bed battles, if we do I am sure it will be Brie!

My neighbors have a couple of those beds for their large mixed dogs. They love them.

I thought about buying a couple because they look and smell so nice, but they're just too big. I prefer having some patches of floor to walk on in my bedroom. :lol:

If you have room for one then I don't see the problem.

They do smell nice don't they! The size is what has been holding me back but we do have some areas out of the traffic flow areas that might work. i think I would start with one and see if it gets used before getting them each one.

Thanks for the input everyone!
 
My dad got us a rectangular one for Kyara and she adores it.

The first day we had it, she draged her 2 small blankets from her crate all the way to the bed :lol:. So we ended up covering the bed with a medium size blanket.

Only disadvantage is the size of the bed. I keep on telling myself I will take on the project of making it smaller but sewing is not one of my strengths. But since you have 2 dogs, I think the size will be just perfect for you.
 
Toffee loves it and its good when no room on human furniture... Which is rare... Also take it when I visit friends who have tile and hardwood floors, and prefer no Sheltie on their bed, lol. That way he knows its his safe comfort zone.
 
I have several EMPTY dog beds in my house! My dogs prefer the furniture, the tile, the area rugs, the lanai, the bathroom rug. It seems they prefer anything over the dog beds!
 
Back
Top