Do Sheltie tails go up???

I've got one of each. Marlie has a gay tail and Rasha has the normal sheltie tail. The only time I really see Rasha's up as high as Marlie's is when they both think there is something out in the yard that they need to chase off!
 
Tully has the spitz curl to her tail - esp when other dogs are around. Deska's tail was always down or low but in the last 6 months he has actually been copying Tully's tail - its quite funny to see because his tail is short and more like a plume than a tail.
 
Last edited:
When Jake spots a bird or something, his tail curls right over his back like a spitz, during ringcraft I have to use a command to get him to keep it down otherwise he slowly lifts it above his back level, I feel bad telling him off for effectively being happy but its not what they want in a show ring.
 
Gio's tail is very curled and carried over his back most of the time. Of course, that is VERY out of standard (much like the rest of him haha). His tail "acts" more like a Husky tail than a Sheltie tail.

Romeo has a proper tail. Nice and long, carried down most of the time, but when he is running or excited, it is held straight out.
 
I had to laugh at this, Koji's tail makes an S when he does his thing.

Spencer has never lifted his leg to "pee". He kind of spreads his back legs a little more apart than usual, the tail goes up and to the side and that's how I can tell he's actually going potty if he's running in the backyard. When we are playing fetch with a tennis ball, he runs and plays, etc. Then all of a sudden, he stops with the ball in his mouth and pees like he's been holding it in forever!
 
Spencer has never lifted his leg to "pee". He kind of spreads his back legs a little more apart than usual, the tail goes up and to the side and that's how I can tell he's actually going potty if he's running in the backyard. When we are playing fetch with a tennis ball, he runs and plays, etc. Then all of a sudden, he stops with the ball in his mouth and pees like he's been holding it in forever!

:lol:That's exactly what Max does!
 
Yep Lucky has that tail that curls, and when he is all excited it curls up like another breed. Lady's tail stays straight down or straight out.

I was told that if the tail curls over their back like Lucky's does, they are not for show. I wasn't buying a show dog, I quess he must be a throw away with his darling tail.

I have to love this little guy, he is the sweetest. Curl, or straight tail.
 
Bentley's tail is usually down--with minimal tail wagging. He prefers to wriggle his body when happy :) But, when he's barking at something, or "alert" his tail goes up, a little like Max's.
 
I just watched Caliber walk away, and he has a slight curl to his tail. Just now it was down, and curved up a bit...but when he's outside running around it's much like GeeRome stated - a Husky tail! I'm waiting out to see if Replyka's will do the same. Right now it's always straight. They are from the same Mom and Dad so I would only come to expect it...but their Dad has a curled tail and Momma has a very low straight tail. I suppose it could be anyones game! haha They could have no tail and I would still love them, as I'm sure any of us would! There's nothing like a Sheltie!!!

Unfortunatly this is the only recent photo I have, but you can see his tail is kinda up and curls...slightly to the right.
http://photos-a.ak.fbcdn.net/hphoto..._227416805353_627085353_7743816_6229783_n.jpg
 
Back
Top