Do you have a sheltie toy box.

SheepOfBlue

Premium Member
My living room was covered with squeak toys when I had Dow (he loved them) and currently Sca's toys are all over the place. However when he was at Mom's she has a wicker basket that she puts all of her unsociable ****zu's toys in at night. Sca seemed to really enjoy going in and 'selecting' a toy. Of course by nights end the basket was mostly empty. So where do you keep your Sheltie's toys?
 
Let me save you $25 right now. Do NOT buy this toy box:

http://www.amazon.com/Pet-Stages-Go...6?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1256573367&sr=1-6

I got it at PetSmart, and it lasts all of about 5 minutes. Smudge pouned on it, and the metal rods in it came out. I had to throw it away. It collapses and even when filled with toys does not look as nice as it does in the picture.

When they had school supplies out in October I got one of those $5 stationary crates like this:
http://www.amazon.com/Sterilite-Pla...1?ie=UTF8&s=home-garden&qid=1256573479&sr=8-1

I got it at Wal-Mart. They had all kinds of different colors. I got three. One in green for his toys, one in black for medicine and grooming, and one in purple for his food/treats. I don't think they have the different colors now, but they are usually in the stationary department in Wal-Mart.
 
I use a plastic dish pan. If you have a ton of toys it might not be big enough.
My boys have a lot of toys though and they all seem to fit. They have no trouble emptying it either. They're happiest when the toys are all out on the floor and the livingroom looks like a disaster area.
 
Sounds like three yes's and I love the **** added by editing s/w. It was his breed but the way he would not come and play with Sca makes the auto edit seem better :lol:
 
I'll just chime in that we have two toy boxes for Bentley and he does like to rummage through them to find what he's looking for. Plus I have a good time watching and wondering "Does he actually go to his toy box thinking 'I really would like X toy right now'?" Haha.

We used canvas boxes available at Wal-Mart. I had a wicker one but Bentley chewed on the edges.
 
I use a basket foe Bailey's toys. She likes to take out every toy and play with each for a minute. Then when I try to put them away, she tries to stop me and takes it from my hand.
 
I use Chinook's puppy vari kennel. He cannot fit in it anymore. I open it up and that way I have two baskets to put their toys into. I'm all about Recycling/Re-using if possible :biggrin2:.
 
I use a basket. But I had to spray it with bitter apple at first, because Indy took a liking to it as a chew toy itself.

The boys favourite game is to pull out every toy and drag them outside when I'm not looking (I often leave the patio door open so that they can come and go as they please).
 
When Eric & Lynn were in NY this July,they stayed with my ex. And Eric's dad made the CUTEST toy box for Lucy & Lexy. I'll see if Eric can send me a picture~ It even had puppy paws on it:wink2:
 
Back
Top