Do You Talk to Your Dog?

labgirl

Forums Sage
I confess I do, even in public and I am not ashamed (though possibly mad :lol:)

Like today we went passed some workmen digging up the verge. As we go by I start nattering to Cadbury,
"That's a big hole, Cadbury, I bet you'd like to get in there and start digging. I don't think they would appreciate it though..." and so on.

So come on, do you talk to your dogs, even when other people can hear? And what do you say to them?
 
I'm guilty :o too. I can't help it. I think of them as my babies, so it's just natural to talk to them. Plus I live alone, so who else do I talk to? And yes, I do it in public too, especially if someone passes my babies and does not say hello to them and they are all confused, so I explain to them that not everyone is friendly and wants to stop and say hello and play with them. I tell them not to worry and that they are good puppies and mommy loves them :smile2:.
 
I constantly talk to Spencer everywhere including in public. But then I also talk to my cats. And to the birds who are at the feeders. And to the television. Ooops. Maybe I am going over the edge.:rolleyes2::eek2:
 
I talk to my girls all the time and so does my husband. I think he is a little better about it now then he used to be because he sees that they are actually listening. He laughed at me one time because I had a whole conversation with Marlie about her little doggie friends on myspace and she sat there and looked at me and tilted her head for the entire conversation. He looked at me and said "she was actually listening to you!". Duh?! That's why I like my girls!!! :yes:
 
Glad to know I'm not alone (and mad :lol:). And I do exactly the same thing Ania, if a person goes by and ignores him, or a dog goes by and growls or something I tell him its them not him :wink2:
 
Back
Top