Does the nose know?

I have read that dogs can smell skin cancer in people! They can also predict epilectic seizures, and hypoglycemia in diabetics.
 
Ok, I'm not going to blow this off then.

I'll keep monitoring for another week or so and see what happens. If the sniffing continues, I will bring Indy for testing. I'm sure the vet will think I'm nuts. Please test my dog because my other dog keeps smelling him. :rolleyes2:

Yes, mam! We'll be happy to take your $200 because you are a neurotic mother......
 
I have read that dogs can smell skin cancer in people! They can also predict epilectic seizures, and hypoglycemia in diabetics.

And I can add to that.Brian has a step daughter that is a serious diabetic,and has a pump that controls her insulin.

At the time of the incident,she had 2 cockers.Both of them the love of her life.Well Julie fell asleep on the sofa,she was not feeling well.

It turns out her pump was malfuntioning,and her oldest cocker was her saving grace.She licked,jumped,did everything she could to wake Julie up,and succeeded.It it was not for the dog,Julie may not be here today.Julie spent a week in the hosital.

So please...do take notice,the body language,of your pets.I think they are all very intuitive,some more than others.I read an article recently on a dog that knew something was amiss with its owner,and would constantly lick him on the neck & head area.Turns out the owner was diagnosed with cancer.
 
Ok, I'm not going to blow this off then.

I'll keep monitoring for another week or so and see what happens. If the sniffing continues, I will bring Indy for testing. I'm sure the vet will think I'm nuts. Please test my dog because my other dog keeps smelling him. :rolleyes2:

Yes, mam! We'll be happy to take your $200 because you are a neurotic mother......

I am pretty sure,he won't think you are being neurotic.He may even have great insight,and tell you of other instances he has run across the same with other dogs as well.

I hope it works out,and it is nothing serious.Do keep us in the loop.
 
Mine are always smelling each others heads/mouths. They are also big on licking the inside of each others mouths:dead:bleck...ive read where its part of a pack pecking order if you will, kind of showing respect or whos in charge if I remember correctly.

Wow! Really interesting! Toby used to lick inside Sadie and Ginny's mouths all the time, for the first month or so after we brought him home. He doesn't do it at all anymore.

He does like to sniff ears and mouths though and does it not only with dogs, but with people too. He makes me laugh because his way of saying 'I love you' seems to be to stick his nose in your ear or your eye. :lol:

If its not a normal behavior for Bacca you might want to consider taking Indy for a check up, just to be safe and to ease your mind. I know you've been through a lot with Bacca so I can imagine how much this must be worrying you.
 
Back
Top