Dog Bed For Chewers

take4roll10

Moderator
Can anyone recommend a good dog bed for chewers? Bailey just put a nice hole in her expensive bed. She doesn't aggressively chew it, but she likes to pull it around the bedroom, turn it upside down, pull it again, shake it to death, etc....

I'm looking to spend under $100.
 
Two words: Kong bed.

They sell them at PetSmart with the rest of their dog beds. If it can hold up to a night against Fluffy...then it can hold up against anything. Both of mine have them.

I think one is $40 and the other $60, but I might be wrong. They were well below $100 though.
 
The kong beds do look very durable... do you know if they make them with a back and sides? I don't think Bailey would like a flat bed.

They do. They make two styles - the flat bed, and the classic pet bed with the sides and back. They make two sizes - sheltie size and collie size.

My two are about to do some switching. Fluffy is going to get Smudge's pet bed, and Smudge is getting the larger kong pet bed. I bought a size too small for both of them. Smudge's bed would be the perfect size for Fluffy, and the collie sized bed would be good for Smudge.
 
Last edited:
I bought Vash a bed that looks very much like that Kong Bed at walmart for $20.00

The difference is that the kong bed's sides are fully covered inside and out with the bookbag like fabric, on the one I have for Vash it's just the outside, the inside is more bedding like.

Vash has been teething and liked to flip the bed upside down then chew on the nylon side. The interiors held up pretty well, but I'm not sure how it'd hold up against a more agressive chewer.
 
Thanks Randi!! Now you've got me looking at the overstock bed...since Six has outgrown his little puppy bed and his legs and head hang out when he goes in it!!!! BAD MOMMY!!! I was wondering if the inside piece is all one part of if it comes out as a cushion...I dont want seperate pieces as they rip those inside piece out....

Although now that im thinking I've also got a Boots and Barkley bed at Target that it chew "resistant" and Ive had it for a few years in my kitchen/dining room and its had alot of abuse and still looks brand new and its fairly cheap...I think it was under $30.
 
Thanks Randi!! Now you've got me looking at the overstock bed...since Six has outgrown his little puppy bed and his legs and head hang out when he goes in it!!!!

Ok, I feel completely stupid now. Every time somebody would mention Six the sheltie I never could figure out who owned him. :lol:
 
Lightplum should really ANNOUNCE Six.

Six made such a sensation at the picnic.

As far as durable bedding goes, MMM says there is nothing nicer than a queen size bed with human legs to lean up against in the dark scary night and you can always lick them if they take up too much of your space. The legs move straightaway when you start to lick them, no need to chew.:lol::lol:
 
Back
Top