Dog beds

ruckusluvr

Forums Enthusiast
Just wondering, what sort of dog beds do you use? I usually get cheap dog beds from walmart, but I go through a ton of them. It always starts to get where you can fill the floor through the bed because the stuffing bunches up and gets too squished down. Can anyone recommend a dog bed that holds its shape. I dont care if it is more pricey. Ruckus doesnt like plush fluffy beds, but I still do not want him feeling the floor underneath him. And he is a normal layer. he doesnt ball up, or stretch out really far.
 
I normaly just use the cheap walmart beds. once I used a baby matress since my daughter didnt need it any more. it worked great until one of the guide dog puppies I was raising decided to dig a big hole in the middle! actualy my cats use the dog beds more than the dogs. they prefer to lay on the couch or on the floor right under our feet.
 
I make dog beds out of egg-carton foam and pillow cases. You can usually purchase the foam at bedding stores (people often use them as mattress toppers), but I'm sure you could get them somewhere else cheaper. I used an old foam that was on top of my bed for years. When I got a new mattress topper, the old egg-carton foam was cut up for dog beds. Each of the boys has the floor of their crates lined in the foam, covered in a pillowcase. Gio isn't really big on dog beds, but Romeo is. So he has an extra one beside computer desk where he will curl up regularly when I am working.
 
We opted for the king-size cherry model -- oh, wait, that's our bed. Hard to tell when there are always Shelties on it!!!

Seriously (sorta), several Orvis dog nests are scattered about the house. We get them at the Orvis "dump" sale for mega-cheap. The girls flop on them depending on whether they want a nap or wore out climbing the stairs to bed. :lol:
 
We opted for the king-size cherry model -- oh, wait, that's our bed. Hard to tell when there are always Shelties on it!!!

Seriously (sorta), several Orvis dog nests are scattered about the house. We get them at the Orvis "dump" sale for mega-cheap. The girls flop on them depending on whether they want a nap or wore out climbing the stairs to bed. :lol:


Love it! LMAO!
 
I have a few of the overstuffed large dog beds and Shanjen needs a bed that has a sling or hammock type of sling for her. Those were rather costly and 2 of the other dogs sneak in them when Shanny is not around since she pouts if somene is using "her" beds

Here are some pics of pupper beds


Maizie on baseball bed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/moobed002.jpg

Holly on baseball bed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/HollyB003.jpg

Shanny on her less preferred bed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/Shanjen1001.jpg

shanny on pupper daybed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/shansleep003.jpg

telly on pupper daybed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/tellyman1.jpg

shanny on her new bed
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/shanbed001.jpg

These are the teo I oroginally had...so we have three specially designed pupper beds
http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a11/lmveneri/puppers/beds001.jpg
 
Since we've had Sadie she's thrown up on our bed twice. Once on a brand new feather duvet and once on an expensive, dry clean only comforter. We decided that we needed to get her digestive problems under control before letting her sleep with us again.

We'd bought her a doggie pillow to sleep on when she was young but she didn't seem to like it very much so last month we bought her a bed at Walmart. It cost around $30 and she absolutely loves it! She was in it as soon as we got it home, she looked so cute that we took pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5260791313152761922

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5260791303002037730

Here is the pillow that she doesn't like too much. Maybe we scarred her by making her sit for this photo last xmas. Its made a great crate pillow though.

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5205624002096671074

During the day this is where she sleeps

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5206171541707434434
 
Last edited:
Ruckus likes to sleep on a blanket piled in the corner of the living room. I dont know why, but it bugs me when he sleeps on the floor, or on a thin blanket. I want him to lay in a nice dog bed!!!
He really does prefer the rug, blanket, or laying directly on the hard wood.
 
Man I really wish I could remember the name of the lady that made the beds for my cat and dog.. I ran into her a few years ago at a animal products show here in MD at the Timonium Fairgrounds.. They were a bit pricey, but some of the proceeds were going towards her organization that was helping some disabled dogs.. I ended up coming home with 2 beds (one for each of the kids) and then a huge "ball" that my gf and I fight over when we go to bed :) I will have to search for the business card because I am pretty sure she had a website and you could order them online. Cali used to never use it, but when the weather starts getting colder I will always find her curled up in a ball in it. My cat likes to flip his upside down and sleep underneith of it! I have no idea what they are stuffed with but it is REALLY soft yet firm and they are covered with fleece.. I really wish I would have got a few more for myself!
 
We'd bought her a doggie pillow to sleep on when she was young but she didn't seem to like it very much so last month we bought her a bed at Walmart.

Here is the pillow that she doesn't like too much. Maybe we scarred her by making her sit for this photo last xmas. Its made a great crate pillow though.

http://picasaweb.google.com/OntarioSheltie/SadieSAlbum#5205624002096671074

I believe that she is scarred for life :lol: pure torture for a sheltie-but very cute picture :yes:
 
Back
Top