Doggie Dentistry

Chris

Premium Member
Well, we're off in an hour to the vet. Beckon broke his big upper left canine tooth right in half. I have no idea how, but I suspect it had been cracked a while back somehow.

He's been a bit low for the last couple of days, but we thought it was the heat wave. Now we know... :no:
 
The verdict is: cracked to the root. Dr. Keith offered to refer us to a dentist, but he feared Beckon's tooth was not repairable. Reconstruction would run $1000-plus. We're going for an extraction on Thursday. Meanwhile, Colonel Underpants is on antibiotics and pain meds.

I knew as soon as I saw Keith's face that it wasn't repairable. But he also said it wouldn't ruin his dental alignment, so we're both philosophical about the whole thing.
 
Oh Chris, I'm sorry! Poor Beckon. He'll feel much better once they get that out. Meantime you've a reason to baby him. He'll enjoy that! :yes:
 
I'm so sorry for Beckon, Chris!! Both Asta and Ally cracked some back molars on cow hooves before I became wise. And Asta recently had to have all her small incisiors in her lower jaw taken out (flea teeth we call 'em) they were all ready to abscess even tho we brush her teeth. :no:

Hope Col Underpants feels better, he may have had a little infection starting in there. Give him a hug for me.

Sharon
 
Back
Top