Oliver's ears were glued until he was about 8 months old. I stopped gluing because they were looking pretty darn good.
He's 12 months and 2 weeks now. His ears started "creeping" about a month ago, and I hemmed and hawed over whether they were bad enough that they needed to be re-glued. I have been traveling with him for the past few weeks, and I get very tired of having to explain ear gluing to everyone we meet ("no, his ears aren't cropped, they're just glued," "no, they won't be glued forever," "no, his skin isn't glued- it's hair to hair," "no, it doesn't hurt him"), so I held off.
We're finally home, and a few days ago I finally decided that I was unhappy with what his right ear was doing, so I re-glued them both down.
Have I waited too long? Is just over a year too late to re-tweak ears that have started to fly a bit? I've put so much work into "perfect ears," so I'm trying to brace myself if disappointment is inevitable at this point...
He's 12 months and 2 weeks now. His ears started "creeping" about a month ago, and I hemmed and hawed over whether they were bad enough that they needed to be re-glued. I have been traveling with him for the past few weeks, and I get very tired of having to explain ear gluing to everyone we meet ("no, his ears aren't cropped, they're just glued," "no, they won't be glued forever," "no, his skin isn't glued- it's hair to hair," "no, it doesn't hurt him"), so I held off.
We're finally home, and a few days ago I finally decided that I was unhappy with what his right ear was doing, so I re-glued them both down.
Have I waited too long? Is just over a year too late to re-tweak ears that have started to fly a bit? I've put so much work into "perfect ears," so I'm trying to brace myself if disappointment is inevitable at this point...
