Eliora my sheltie helped me out of depression:) I made a video about her:))

kevin wee

Forums Novice
Hello everyone Im new to this forum. Ermm, I hope yall can spend some time to read my story Im from Singapore, small country in southeast asia with one of the highest GDPs in the world. Over here, society is very competitive. I studied 18 yrs of my life for a degree but scrwed up A levels(equi of SATs) due to health probs. Went into severe depression for 3 months, for my mind was very taxed and over here, ppl say no degree=no future. In late Feb, my friend told me his mum adopted a sheltie, and I happened to visit his house that day. I fell in love with him immediately. I thought maybe a dog can help me with my depression and be a friend to me

Before this Ive never thought of keeping a pet, let alone a dog, but I started to visit many shelters. I heard many inspiring stories of my animals changing lives. Finally, I decided to get a sheltie pup from a breeder as my house is small and my mum is afraid of big dogs. It has been a blessing training and looking after her.

I recovered from my depression and decided to start a youtube channel to share my story and inspire people in my country..My first video has 20k views and good reviews. Recently, for my 4th video, I dedicated it to "showing off" Eliora(the name of my sheltie). I hope u guys can check it out tell me what u think Im hoping to learn more from the people here as to how to better cater to her needs as well))

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wEeAuC_eu4
 
Welcome to Sheltie Nation Kevin and Eliora! You have found the right place to be for Sheltie owners. Shelties are great pets, very loving and smart. I am sorry to hear of your depression but it sounds like, with the help of Eliora, you are dealing with it...your video is great...can't wait to see more.
 
Eliora is such a sweet thing! How old is she? She seems like such a pocket rocket - quite a few of us here have a high energy girl. Watch out for the table though - mine can jump straight onto the benchtop to help herself.
 
Welcome!:smile2: Sorry to hear about your depression, but glad you are doing better.:smile2: I know what depression is like, having lost a job due to our office closing and also dealing with my mom having stage 4 breast cancer. But having my mom still with me and my shelties around me does brighten my days.

As for watching out for shelties on the table, ITA. When Sparky was a puppy, we would come home to find he had jumped from the half wall in our family room onto the kitchen table. He would be happily dancing on it, saying "Finally, you're home!", lol. Fortunately, he grew out of it.:smile2:
 
Welcome, Kevin and Eliora! Great video... and I'm glad that adorable girl is helping you through your depression. Hang in there, and be sure to post lots of pictures of Eliora here!
 
Hello from South Philadelphia. I also got my Beau a sheltie/mix from a shelter to help me with my depression and anxiety. Walking Beau every day 3x a day increases your body's natural endorphin's.

Good luck with your Babe
 
Jody was the one that really helped me out of my depression. After I got him I couldn't stop. I got 3 shelties in one year and raised my mom's dog, Sarah. So 4 shelties:biggrin2:. I got Ida just day's before the anaversery of getting Joe. You know what they say; Shelties are like potato chips, you can't have just one!::wink2:
 
Welcome, Shelties are great for depression, my first "Laddie" got me through a nervous breakdown, they are awesome.

Really cute video by the way, she is beautiful, I know you must love her very much.
 
Last edited:
Nice to meet you Kevin & Eliora... ...cool vid'.

Congrat's on; not letting education issues interfere with your learning, and congrat's on your Eliora! Nothing like a good play, with a good dog, to put others' constraints (scoop em) in their proper place. My buddy, Healey, helps me keep my chin up too. I can't let myself get discouraged -- I have a best bud to look out for.

A sable foundation.

's all goood!
 
Back
Top