Ember and Birch played

Justicemom

Forums Celebrity
Birch has been here for 2 weeks and either Justice or Ember have been willing to play with him.:( That is until tonight.

I was at Rachel following agility and I let Birch out with his sisters and brother for his last potty break before heading back home. Of course, the potty break quickly turned into 4 puppy zoomies all over the yard. Ember, at first, was doing her best play ground monitor impersonation and was body blocking their pathed and let 1 sharp bark slip at which time she would look at me with a look that said make them stop.:lol:

After about 15 mintues of puppy choas and Ember standing there watching, Birch ran up to Ember and sniffed her. Ember semi lower her head and cocked it to the side and turned her body slightly. Hard to describe but I knew Ember was asking to play. Suddenly both Birch and Ember dropped into play bows and then took off zooming all around the yard. The other 3 pups joined in. Ember had such a good time and was so gentle with them even when Juniper grabbed her tail. She could easily out run them but just moved fast enough to stay ahead of them. I really wished I would have had my video camera in was so cute but it was semi dark(yard light) so wouldn't have been able to see that well anyway.

Ember so rarely lets herself go and plays with any dog other than Justice and Diva. It was a precious moment.:smile2: Now if Justice would come around. Birch can stand next to him but thats it. Justice has not done anything to Birch but you can tell he is not all that thrilled. But then he was that way with Diva at first too.
 
Isn't it great when you start to see relationships building -- and they don't involve a snarl? :lol:
 
Awwww, Ember is coming around! I bet it was such fun to see them playing and zooming around. It just seems to me most Shelties do so well with other Shelties. I showed my hubby the Birch video playing with his littermates and the collapsable tunnel and he thought Birch was extra handsome. It really was a nice litter! I still like Ash - love her black back leg and circle around her butt! Too cute.

Thanks for giving us all a nice window into the adventures and experiences of your great dogs. It sure gives me puppy fever! :lol:
 
That's so cute. Reminds me of how Pyper was able to engage Lexi. You'll have to try to get it on tape. They grow up waaaay too fast!
 
Glad to hear that at least one of the crew is warming up to the little guy... He's pretty darn irresistable, so I'm sure they'll all come around soon!!
 
Just think what it will be like when they all decide it is fun to play with the new kid on the block. So cool when they start to play and it just takes a sniff to get them going.
 
Back
Top