sheltiemom4
Forums Enthusiast
I have went through all the threads and didn't see any posts regarding this issue. I can't remember the medical term, but, basically Maggie had an extra row of eyelashes growing inward ever since she was about 4 mos. old. She was was constantly rubbing her eyes, tearing and squinting. I did research on the internet, took her to the vet and she was surprised I diagnosed it and said she had never heard of it. She decided to try laser surgery to kill the hair follicles and after 4 treatments, about a year later, we determined it was not successful and my vet declined on any more treatments due to she didn't want to put her under anymore. She suggested I numb the eyes and pluck the lashes myself. Well, after several months of this, Maggie was now 3yrs old, I decided to try to find another alternative. I was afraid she would go blind due to corneal scarring. I found a Vet Opthamologist and she froze the eyelids and removed all the hair follicles.
My question is this: When breeders state the dogs are eye tested, is this condition what they are referring to and has anyone else had this experience? All 4 of my Shelties are AKC registered, but, they are strictly house pets and I don't show. Just wondering.........
My question is this: When breeders state the dogs are eye tested, is this condition what they are referring to and has anyone else had this experience? All 4 of my Shelties are AKC registered, but, they are strictly house pets and I don't show. Just wondering.........
- Dr. Mac