Farewell Jax

Chris

Premium Member
I'm feeling pretty bad this morning. Last night, Jax attacked Annie Laurie. It happened when both were at my feet -- a clear case of Jax being jealous of any dog near me. He tore her face up pretty bad -- we had to rush her to the emergency vet. She'll be ok, but it spells the end of keeping Jax. He goes back to the sSheltie Rescue today.

We all love him. In every other way, he's absolutely perfect. But I can't have the girls threatened and injured, and I can no longer risk their safety. I think he wouold have done even more damage had I not spearated them almost instantly. I could have been an eye -- or a throat.

I'm just sick about this. Please pray with me that Jax finds his forever home as an only dog, loved and appreciated.
 
Last edited:
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that for both of them really. :cry:It is so unfortunate. I hope that Annie will be OK, the poor, sweet girl.:cry: I can imagine how hard this is for you, but you are right, you must do what is right for your puppers first.
 
So sorry to hear this :( You have made the right decision for Jax and for your girls. I am sure that he will find a loving home where he can be an only dog!
 
Oh, Chris! I am soooooo sorry, both for your girlie and Jax. He's lucky he found you and your family, even if it was just for a little while. I'm sure you impacted his life more than you'll ever know and I'm sure he will find the right family when the time is right. I know it's hard and you feel like you are letting him down, but you are doing the right thing. He really does need to be the only dog. I hope your girlie heals up very quickly. :(
 
I'm so sorry to hear that Chris, you must be heart broken. I hope Annie Laurie is ok!

You made the right decision, you have to do what's best for your girls. Jax is a beautiful little guy with otherwise good manners, I'm sure the sheltie rescue will find a wonderful home for him where he can be a spoiled rotten only 'fur child' :smile2:
 
I'm so sorry to hear about this Chris! I'm heartbroken for you. I hope Annie Laurie recovers quickly. The rescue will be able to find Jax a great home. I think everyone is right, he does need to be an only dog. Keeping your dogs safe is the best thing. I'm sorry.
 
I'm sorry to hear that. :( I hope your little girl heals quickly.

As everyone else has said, the rescue will find a new home for Jax where he can be spoiled rotten as an only pup.
 
Chris, I'm so sorry Annie Laurie was hurt and I know under your loving care, she'll recuperate nicely. You worked with Jax to let him know he couldn't be the alpha and it wasn't to be. As the other postings say, Sheltie Rescue will find a home for him as the only dog and that will work out nicely for him.
 
I'm sorry to hear about Jax and Annie Laurie, I hope all is well soon and I'm sure Jax will find his forever home. Maybe he felt outnumbered by all those girls anyway!!
 
Oh Chris, what a shame. I can only imagine how you must feel. Thank heaven you were there and able to separate them. You tried your best, but some dogs just aren't meant to be in a group. I'll say a prayer for Annie to heal quickly, and for Jax to find the right people for him--and for you, because this is such a disappointment. Sending virtual hugs to you and pats to Annie. :o
 
Back
Top