Farewell, Sweet Penny

Chris

Premium Member
We said farewell to Penelope Rose on 21 January, just shy of her 17th birthday. DH said it well:
"Penelope Rose left us today. She came to me when I lost my service dog, Annie, and took the position for 7 years. This was her forever home. She was always with me. Whenever I looked down, there she would be. She really wasn’t happy unless she was by my side. Loyal, loving, independent and devoted, it is fitting she passed on today...She left with dignity and her family around her here at home. She left the love and memories, but oh such a hole remains. Run free my little girl, run with our pack.
474517637_10224083282863799_5233071333212673661_n.jpg
 
Chris, I'm so very sorry. I remember when you rescued Penny and how she assumed, on her own, the service to your husband. She was a special girl and I know she felt how cherished she was.
We lost our beloved Faith in October and I still get very teary about it. These precious souls just burrow into our hearts so deeply.

Run free, happy and whole at the Bridge, Penny.
 
So sad to hear about Penny Rose. We have them for the whole of their lives and that is ours and their blessing but we are left to say goodbye and the sadness of that farewell. But each of them changes us in their special way and in that way we carry them with us for the rest of our lives too. The sadness of that loss reminds us to not pass a day without an appreciation for the time we have with them.
 
Our condolences for your loss of Penelope Rose. The loss of a valued family member is never easy no matter what their age.
She was loved and a cherished part of your family. May the knowledge that you gave her the ultimate gift of love, assist in your healing during this difficult time.
Our prayers and best wishes to your family as you move forward.
 
Back
Top