First Bath after Abdominal surgery?

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
Hi everyone

As you know, Bacca was neuteured two weeks ago. Because he had an undescended testicle, it was the full deal - he's got about a 2 1/2 incision down his belly just in front of his *****. His sutures came out on Monday and the vet tech said that everything looked great!

How soon can I bathe him? I'm hoping to get both pups done this weekend. They are both long overdue!
 
Barb....a bath is OK any time after the sutures are removed. Mine always need it asap after surgery too! Happy bathing. :wink2:
 
Barb....a bath is OK any time after the sutures are removed. Mine always need it asap after surgery too! Happy bathing. :wink2:

Yes, well - I might cave and send them to both to the groomer instead. I'm trying to convince myself it will like a day at the spa for both of them:

Shampoo, blow-dry and pedicure! Enjoy your day, boys! I'm going SHOPPING! :lol:
 
Barb

Yes, well - I might cave and send them to both to the groomer instead. I'm trying to convince myself it will like a day at the spa for both of them:

Shampoo, blow-dry and pedicure! Enjoy your day, boys! I'm going SHOPPING! :lol:

Glad Bacca is doing good. A day at the spa for the boys and shopping for you sounds ideal to me as well !:lol:
 
Surgery & Bath..

Our little 8 month old boy Rookie was also neutered 2 weeks ago...and was not fully descended either. It is interesting how some docs use stitches needing removal, and some don't. Rookie did not need to have any stitches removed, but he did develop a small blood clot on the larger incision sight. I had to ice it down for a few days. He actually let me do it too! He's doing wonderful now, and headed for a bath as well.

Glad your Baby is doing well too.
 
Boys are both booked for a grooming on Sunday! I wonder if I need to draw a picture of the poop chute or whether or not they'll get it.

So looking forward to not having to do it myself this weekend. No nails, no brushing! Yippee!
 
Actually, they will probably know everything but the name "poop chute". When I had my shelties, I went through a few battles with diarrhea and decided that clippers were the only way to go! I had never heard about anyone else doing it until I got on this forum. I imagine all long haired dogs have the same problem! Have fun!!
 
Back
Top