Fun at the Greater Baltimore Show

Chris

Premium Member
I spent the day at the Greater Baltimore Shetland Sheepdog Show, and did I ever have a grand time! My DS Colleen joined me, and we spent most of our time glued to MissJennyGirl and Tofu Pup. Let me tell you if you think these are delightful, gracious ladies on the forum, you would love them in person. Thank you so much, Megan and Connie, for taking the time to teach me so much today. You are walking examples of sportsmanship, the kind of people we wish all competitors were. Annie, Tansy and Annie are such fine Shelties!

By the way, I never saw anything like Megan handling. All her attention is focused on the Sheltie, making the ring a wonderful place to be as she works to bring out the very best in her Sheltie partner. That's definitely the way to do it! :yes:

Finally, Rachel, you run one heck of a show!!! I am so glad I got to meet you, and I thank you for the time you and "Evil" spent with Colleen and me today. :biggrin2:
 
Glad to hear you had such a good time at the specialty today Chris!! Sounds like it was a great day for you and to meet soo many forum people! :) and Yes Megan does a wonderful job handling, which ever dog she has always looks like a million bucks in the ring!:smile2:
 
Thank you Chris, we could not have asked for better weather or a better group of people. I was glad I could leave the munchkins out in the x-pen so they could get some sun, and bring Miss Evil-Evie out for you to play with. :smile2: I love that puppy.

The only thing that niggles in my brain is the fact that we pay the ladies to mop the floors, because we are usually too tired by the end of three days, and it takes them THREE moppings to get the floors clean from the chalk. Even though we pay them, I still feel some guilt about the amount of work it takes them to get the floors right again.
 
What fun! All those Shelties and fun people, too.

Since there isn't a Shetland Sheepdog Club, we don't get a Sheltie Specialty here. :(
 
Thank you so much, Chris! It was a delight to meet you and your sister. Having "newcomers" along at a dog show always makes it a little more special. This was the first time I'd met someone from Sheltie Forums, and it was so neat to be able to put a face to the name.

And yes, Rachel, congratulations on two very-well-run specialties! You have a wonderful location, gracious club members, and your shows ran very smoothly - exactly what we love as exhibitors. Thank you!
 
I'm glad you guys had a blast!

I'm sad I was not aware of this show, or I would have gone to watch (is that allowed?)
I live in Cockeysville, MD just above Baltimore, and have yet to meet fellow sheltie lovers!
 
I'm glad you guys had a blast!

I'm sad I was not aware of this show, or I would have gone to watch (is that allowed?)
I live in Cockeysville, MD just above Baltimore, and have yet to meet fellow sheltie lovers!

Oh, that would have been great! Yes, viewers are welcome at specialty shows..in fact, I think all AKC shows welcome audiences.

We're not to far, Marilena -- I live just south of Harper's Ferry.
 
Thank you Chris, and it was wonderful to meet you and Colleen. We look forward to catching up with you at dog shows in your area.
We are back home, and the dogs did a happy dance when we released them from their collars and sent them out to play. The dogs that were left behind had their own party with McKinley aka MMM, coming for a sleep-over. From what I was told they had a grand time playing tag and chasing squirrels from the yard. I think they stayed up late telling scary cat stories. We sent him home exhausted.:lol:
 
Back
Top