Funny things they do

king buddy

Forums Enthusiast
My Shelties both great me at the door when I get home from work at 2:30 Am. I then change and get them their bedtime snack. After that I jump on the net. Buddy has learned that mommy wants to sit for a bit so he will go to my husband and make him take him pee. He will not bother me when I got the computer anymore. Now my husband tells me everytime he gets the laptop Buddy insists he has to poo, never fails....Sweetie on the other hand likes to help me type when she get a chance....she has to be on my lap...watching what im doing!
 
Our Mally operates like this. When any of us pick up a computer or go on a computer Mally is out of here looking for the first person that is not on a computer. Then brings that "computer-free" person a toy to toss and then he will retrieve. I believe he feels when computer comes on, our attention for Mally is over, so he goes to the next available person. It is really smart reasoning if you think about.
 
OK, my little boy now has this thing about bringing a piece of frozen poo into the house from outside--EWWW!! He's not wanting to eat it, he just brings it in and drops it on the carpet and leaves it there. I thought it was a stray poop stuck to his fur that fell off him at first, but once I realized it was frozen, I started watching him. Sure enough, next time he came in, there was another one in his mouth!!! Weird, and gross!!

Now I'm stopping him at the door before he comes in and checking his mouth for any "treasures" and making him leave them outside!!
 
In the same way, Bentley won't bother to get on my side of the bed to wake me up in the morning. He goes straight to my husband's side because he's the one that will wake up and let him out :winkgrin:
 
My boys love to bring their toys outside, one at a time and scatter them about the yard. The big game of course, was waiting for Mom to put on her shoes, and scour the backyard for all the soggy toys and help her find them, bring them back in and dry them off. Of course, that was when it was still mild and I would just leave the patio door open for them to come and go.

Now that winter is here, I stand patrol at the door to make sure they don't sneak things outside that will get buried under the next snow fall, and not found again till spring!

So we have going outside inspection: nothing in mouth! Yes, good to go!
And we having coming in inspection: no snowballs in mouth? Check! snowballs between paw pads? Check! Snowy day? One pup at a time, thank you, while Mom towels off....next pup?....check!

And yes, I've had to poo-sickles brought in before as well. Gross, gross, gross!
 
The last thing I do is let the dogs out before I go to bed. I turn off the computer first and it makes a little chime when powering down. All the dogs could be sound asleep and the chime goes off and they all jump up and run to the door.:rolleyes2: I guess I'm predictable.:smile2:
 
Should I let her whine!?!

Megan sleeps in her crate from around 9:30 at night till 6-6:30am when I get her up. Here's the interesting thing, she does not whine to come out, but I feel like since she has been cooped up, surely she needs to go potty and stretch out!

Do I wait for her to let me know she's ready to come out or do I take her out when I get up?


TY in advance for thoughts and suggestions:winkgrin:
 
take her out when you get up; its YOUR schedule that you hope to train her to follow. I call my herd my "furry alarm clocks" because even if my power fails and the electric alarm doesn't go off, the dogs wake up at the usual time and ask to go out! (Not much fun if you have a day to sleep in though :winkgrin:)
 
Megan sleeps in her crate from around 9:30 at night till 6-6:30am when I get her up. Here's the interesting thing, she does not whine to come out, but I feel like since she has been cooped up, surely she needs to go potty and stretch out!

Do I wait for her to let me know she's ready to come out or do I take her out when I get up?


TY in advance for thoughts and suggestions:winkgrin:

Do it when you want. You should set the schedule not her. When she is older she will then remind you when you forget. :smile2: Um Mom it's 7:30 don't you think you should feed us? Insert picture of Ember staring and Justice sitting with the bowl in his mouth here.:lol:
 
Back
Top