Gavin the clothes licker

Cindy

Premium Member
I've always counted myself lucky that Gavin has never been much of a chewer (once he passed the puppy stage).

He has a weird habit of finding my clothes (he figured out how to pull them out of my 3 feet tall clothes hamper!) and licking them. I moved the hamper but every once in a while I get lazy and he finds a shirt I leave out. He seems to focus on the armpit area (eww!) I am guessing for salt/sweat. The shirt will literally be drenched in the armpit area.

He is not a kissy dog (I think the only way I've ever gotten a lick on the cheek is when I put peanut butter there!) so this is odd.

weird doggy, huh?
 
Tully had a penchant for the crotch of my dirty undies - blah. Lucky she eventually grew out of it (and switched to just licking me instead - particularly likes my feet and face)
 
Tully had a penchant for the crotch of my dirty undies - blah. Lucky she eventually grew out of it (and switched to just licking me instead - particularly likes my feet and face)

Same with Neechee. Bela doesn't even know what underwear and dirty clothes are, so she doesn't do that. But I do catch her licking her bed and her blankets sometimes.
 
I usually keep the undies sequestered away, but he has never shown an interest in the occasional stray undies. Just shirts.....

and he will lick his dog bed and toys...just not me! funny :)
 
Olive loves shoes--she wants to lick the inside of them. If I wear sandals, she tries to lick the sole between my foot and the sandal. :ick
 
Her Sublime Sheltiness, The Empress Katie is a PILLOW LICKER!!! As soon as I get up in the morning, she throws herself on my pillow and licks it! She will also occasionally lick her stuffed toys. Her grandma calls her "Lady Gaga"!
 
Back
Top