Glueing ears- instructions

Kind of hard to tell from the picture, however it looks like they are down wayyy too much...and obviously not pulled in enough.
 
What I thought too. I'll correct it.

But it doesn't explain why my breeder is so angry at me for attempting to do this on my own, rather than drive an hour + there and back for her to do them. She claims her glues last 6 weeks and it's the least I can do for my pup. Then she cut off when I simply asked her what the secret was so avoid the drive and do myself. She implied that I'm being a bad parent for not doing the trip.

It's too bad. I really wanted to keep a relationship with her, but every time i go agains her rules, I'm in the dog house.
 
Wow Barb that is crazy that she is so upset with you and won't tell you how to correct it. What glue doe's she use, I wonder?
We drove 2 hours to have the breeder do Zak's ears, but we loved visiting with her any time we could.
Sorry she is giving you such a hard time.
 
...But it doesn't explain why my breeder is so angry at me for attempting to do this on my own, rather than drive an hour + there and back for her to do them. ...Then she cut off when I simply asked her what the secret was so avoid the drive and do myself. She implied that I'm being a bad parent for not doing the trip.

It's too bad. I really wanted to keep a relationship with her, but every time i go agains her rules, I'm in the dog house.

I generally try to stay out of conversations like this because I have such a limited experience with breeders. But, I don't really get her attitude here. I would think that she would applaud anyone who purchased one of her pups who also was dedicated enough to want to learn to take care of that dog without having to run back to the breeder for everything. It's great that she is willing to remain involved and offers to help, but I'm getting the sense that this is truly more about her, than a concern for the dog. Sounds like to me that a loss of a relationship with this breeder (while unfortunate), may not be the worse thing that could happen.
 
around a month is typical give or take a week, and honestly driving an hour is really not that big of a deal. and think of it this way you'll have to do it what 6 or 7 more times and then you have a beautiful expression for the rest of their life..kind of puts it in perspective.
 
around a month is typical give or take a week, and honestly driving an hour is really not that big of a deal. and think of it this way you'll have to do it what 6 or 7 more times and then you have a beautiful expression for the rest of their life..kind of puts it in perspective.

I thought I read somewhere that the ears needed to be glued/taped for the 1st year?:confused2:
 
The month or 3 weeks was how often it has to be redone.

We are voting prick ears in this camp, I think. I have to let the husband vote on SOMETHING (the other cleverly being more expensive dog food that HE pays for).
 
Back
Top