Gone thru all Martigale posts, still need help!

Lysette85

Forums Enthusiast
Okay, so I've looked at the Leashes By Design site and they do have some nice looking collars, but for some reason, I've never been into braided leather, and are kangaroo collars made with kangaroo skin? I don't know if I'd want my dogs wearing kangaroo skin....they're too cute to kill! Cows are cute, too, but it's just something I'm not used to. Anywho...I've been eyeing this other site for quite some time and they do custom collars. I really want the snap-on leather martingale so you're not pulling it over the dog's head every time to put it on or take it off. What do you guys think of the martingales on this site? Anybody ever order from here?
http://www.ldsleather.com/collars.html
 
Last edited:
Forgot to ask, what is the benefit of a leather braided collar? The site I provided states that it is gentler on the coat, but is it really? I know BarbV loves hers, I hope she has something to add here...the leashes by design site only does braided...has anyone ever gotten a rolled martingale from them?
 
I use the cheapy ones from petco, mine dont wear collars so Im not into spending a fortune on them...and actually 90% of the time they are wearing their show collar when we head out. I only use the martingale when they go to the beach, it just does better in the salt water...also Lupine makes some cute martingale ones as well and they are guaranteed for life! Even if chewed!! :wink2:
 
I use the cheapy ones from petco, mine dont wear collars so Im not into spending a fortune on them...and actually 90% of the time they are wearing their show collar when we head out. I only use the martingale when they go to the beach, it just does better in the salt water...also Lupine makes some cute martingale ones as well and they are guaranteed for life! Even if chewed!! :wink2:

I'm not into my dogs wearing collars either. I cringe when I see dogs that have that "ring" around their neck from a lifetime of a collar never taken off. But I do want a nice collar for when we do take them out. And they do try to back out of their regular rolled leather collars when startled (and they have succeeded). I looked at the petco ones but I don't know if I like nylon rubbing on their fur. What is a show collar? Are they good for everyday walks? I went to the lupine site and did a search for martingales but they only gave me a few regular dog collars. Is the Lupine martingales on a site other than theirs?
 
I use the cheapy ones from petco, mine dont wear collars so Im not into spending a fortune on them...and actually 90% of the time they are wearing their show collar when we head out. I only use the martingale when they go to the beach, it just does better in the salt water...also Lupine makes some cute martingale ones as well and they are guaranteed for life! Even if chewed!! :wink2:

We use the Lupine ones as well.
 
My dogs have the Lupine collars, too, but I think that maybe they do mash the dogs' fur. My dogs used to wear their collars all the time, but I've stopped doing that. I still feel like the Lupines smash their fur down and it doesn't look as nice, so I'm thinking of going to a rolled leather in the future (don't have the $ now!)
 
My dogs have the Lupine collars, too, but I think that maybe they do mash the dogs' fur. My dogs used to wear their collars all the time, but I've stopped doing that. I still feel like the Lupines smash their fur down and it doesn't look as nice, so I'm thinking of going to a rolled leather in the future (don't have the $ now!)

This is my feelings as well :biggrin2:
 
Okay, so I've looked at the Leashes By Design site and they do have some nice looking collars, but for some reason, I've never been into braided leather, and are kangaroo collars made with kangaroo skin? I don't know if I'd want my dogs wearing kangaroo skin....they're too cute to kill! Cows are cute, too, but it's just something I'm not used to. Anywho...I've been eyeing this other site for quite some time and they do custom collars. I really want the snap-on leather martingale so you're not pulling it over the dog's head every time to put it on or take it off. What do you guys think of the martingales on this site? Anybody ever order from here?
http://www.ldsleather.com/collars.html

If you look at the leashes by design site, you can get non braided martingales with snaps that are made of cow leather, not kangaroo.

http://www.leashesbydesign.com/Collars/Martingales/martingales.html

I use cheapy martingales from Petsmart, they work best for me. They're only 1/2" wide, compared to most collars which are 1" wide, so they flatten the hair less. Because there is no snap its inconvenient to take them off so I have to leave them on the dogs all the time.

I'd be willing to buy a custom made collar, but I've never found one that suits our needs. They're all too wide and I'm not comfortable buying something that isn't adjustable.
 
Back
Top