Greetings from Sin City!

Aynesa

Forums Regular
Hello all!

When I was 14 I got my first sheltie, Fox. He was a gift from a friend because my mother was passing away from lung cancer. He was my rock through that very hard time. He stayed with me until 2007, when I finally had to say goodbye to him because his arthritis had gotten so bad he just couldn't keep living that way.

A few months ago I went home to Louisiana for a funeral, and it brought up so many memories since I ran into the friend who had given me fox, and asked her casually about if she knew where he had come from. When I got back home, I stumbled over Fox's AKC paperwork, and it included the name of the kennel where he had been bred. Meant to be! I contacted the breeder, and told her I was interested in showing, and struck gold when they had a show prospect with a fantastic personality. I had him brought from Louisiana to Las Vegas sight unseen, and he's been an awesome addition to our family. We've named him Kitsune, "Kit" for short. Kitsune is Japanese for Fox, and a kit is of course a baby fox. He's already shown a couple of times with the breeder in matches, and I'm looking forward to continuing his show career. There are some shows scheduled for October I plan on taking him to. We've gotten into handling classes and I've been grooming and training him every day.

Other than that, I'm a mom with 2 kids finishing my Masters in History, and soon to continue on to my Ph.D. in History. I'm into horses as well as dogs, and in addition to Kit, I have a 6 year old Papillion, a 13 year old Wolf mix, and 5 cats of various ages from 12-1 year.

So, that's me! I'm here for a reason though, check out the 'show grooming' forum for my first of no doubt many questions. I've no problem admitting I don't know something. ;)
 
Hi, Let us know if you are coming into Southern Ca. for any shows. We show in obedience and hopefully someday in agility. Would love to meet you and your Fox.
 
Dmeyer: I do plan on showing in Socal, maybe later this fall. SanD and LA are definately on my lists. My family wants to go to La Brea anyway (I don't think it's worth the risk, driving in the same city with Britney Spears and Lindsay Lohan, but my husband disagrees and says I'm being silly :biggrin2: )

For everyone else, thanks for the welcomes. I don't know how much I'll be around, between school, kids, and everything else, yea, I'm not on the computer alot lately.

Pictures....pictures...let me see if this works

Tyler4web.jpg


DSC_0132.jpg


DSC_0129.jpg


Like that? :cool: If you glance at the photobucket account, there's a whole album with pics of him (and another full of pics of my horse)

Right now he's lost his undercoat, so it's a little 'thin'. The first picture is a pic the breeder took of him all dressed up for his first show. He's a handsome fella in my notsohumble opinion :)
 
Welcome to the forums.

I have 4 shelties 3 that live with me(Justice, Ember, and Diva) and one who lives with his co owner(Jaime).

Justice is retired and just being my buddy now days and I am currently showing Ember in Agility and Diva in obedience, rally and agility. Diva's co owner shows her in conformation and is just starting herding with her. Jaime is the glamoor boy and currently has 8 points and both majors towards his CH. There is talk of starting him in agility this winter if he finishes his CH otherwise next year.

Look forward to seeing pictures of your boy and don't ask me about show grooming , I am not allow to put scissors to my show dogs under penalty of death or the very least bodily harm.:wink2::lol:
 
Back
Top