Happy Birthday Whistle!

Tabitha

Forums Enthusiast
A year ago today, June 21, 2018, Jody got a new sister named Whistle! While this may not be her actual “birthday” this is the anniversary of the beginning of her new life.

A year ago today I had a baking urge at 9 o’clock at night. Weird I know but I get those sometimes. I didn’t have work the next day so I decided to make a coconut cream pie. Unfortunately I was out of milk. So I got my keys and started off to the store. I was half way to my car when I spotted something white going down the street. It was a very pretty blue brindle and white pit bull mix. Now I know I’m not the only one who talks to every dog I see! :lol: I just said, “well hi there pretty baby”. That’s all it took. It was love at first sight. She ran to me, toppling me over and me giving kisses as if I was her person! That’s exactly how it was with Jody too. I had a very good feeling about this.

She was skin and bones weighing in at 28 lbs, covered in ticks, and had cuts and bruises all over her little body. I took her into the vet the next day and had them check her for any injuries or chips. No serious health issues, besides being underweight, and no chip. The vet estimated her to be about 2. I looked for her owners but never found them. I can’t say that was a disappointment considering her condition, but I had no idea how long she’d been lost.

My mind was made up. Jacob, my boyfriend at the time and now fiancé, had been wanting a dog for a while. He loves dogs that look rough and tough but act like big babies. The best part was that his birthday was only two weeks away. Keeping him away from my house was a challenge but it payed off. He was so surprised! Now, a year later, they’re inseparable. She’s a major daddy’s girl!

She has almost doubled in weight at a healthy 55 lbs and spoiled rotten. She has trained my in-laws to understand that she needs peanuts. All. The. Time. Lol! She is so loved and I’m so happy I had that random craving for pie. :lol: Come to think of it, I don’t think I ever made it. We’ll be celebrating her birthday Sunday. I’ll try to take pictures!
 
A year ago today, June 21, 2018, Jody got a new sister named Whistle! While this may not be her actual “birthday” this is the anniversary of the beginning of her new life.

A year ago today I had a baking urge at 9 o’clock at night. Weird I know but I get those sometimes. I didn’t have work the next day so I decided to make a coconut cream pie. Unfortunately I was out of milk. So I got my keys and started off to the store. I was half way to my car when I spotted something white going down the street. It was a very pretty blue brindle and white pit bull mix. Now I know I’m not the only one who talks to every dog I see! :lol: I just said, “well hi there pretty baby”. That’s all it took. It was love at first sight. She ran to me, toppling me over and me giving kisses as if I was her person! That’s exactly how it was with Jody too. I had a very good feeling about this.

She was skin and bones weighing in at 28 lbs, covered in ticks, and had cuts and bruises all over her little body. I took her into the vet the next day and had them check her for any injuries or chips. No serious health issues, besides being underweight, and no chip. The vet estimated her to be about 2. I looked for her owners but never found them. I can’t say that was a disappointment considering her condition, but I had no idea how long she’d been lost.

My mind was made up. Jacob, my boyfriend at the time and now fiancé, had been wanting a dog for a while. He loves dogs that look rough and tough but act like big babies. The best part was that his birthday was only two weeks away. Keeping him away from my house was a challenge but it payed off. He was so surprised! Now, a year later, they’re inseparable. She’s a major daddy’s girl!

She has almost doubled in weight at a healthy 55 lbs and spoiled rotten. She has trained my in-laws to understand that she needs peanuts. All. The. Time. Lol! She is so loved and I’m so happy I had that random craving for pie. :lol: Come to think of it, I don’t think I ever made it. We’ll be celebrating her birthday Sunday. I’ll try to take pictures!
What a nice story!!
 
Back
Top