Harley Sipes 2004-2010

cweezy928

Forums Regular
Yesterday had to be the worst day of the new year. (Here is a little back story) Back in september i moved to Kansas City with my two best friends they already have 5 animals and i wasnt able to bring Harley with me, I had to leave him with my parents and sister (not a big deal because i knew my sister would treat him well). Well yesterday my dad was putting him in the car to take him to be groomed at my grandparents house. When he put him in the back seat Harley freaked out and bolted out of the car before my dad could grab the leash. He ran down the road to a busy street and was struck by a speeding car. Apperantly the car that hit Harley didn't even stop they just kept going. At first when i herd this i thought it was a joke and denied everything my parents were telling me. But it was far from a joke.

I feel like if i Had not moved or if i would have taken him with me, he would still be alive right now. To make it worse me and my best friends are coming back up to bloomington indiana next weekend because they have to get a ring evaluated.

My parents and I had plans to move him down here to Kansas when the time came for me to move out and live on my own, but that will never happen. I dont even know what to feel right now i just feel blank.

Harley had just turned 6 shortly before, he should still be here for 10 more years. how could this happen? I know that its not my fault. all i can seem to do is veg out on fruit snacks and listen to Brand New, everything else seems to make the day suck
 
Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you came here to the Sheltie forum as I suggested. You will find lots of companionship and compassion here.

Please don't blame yourself for Harley's death. Tragic things happen; there isn't always a reason or a fault behind them.
 
I feel so bad for you. We lost Fern last year to a speeding car too. Please know that this can happen to anyone and there is no blame to place anywhere. I will keep you in my thoughts.
 
he was the greatest friend anyone could have. I still remember the day i first met him. My dad's friend at work bought his girlfriend a puppy and they broke up before he gave him to her and when they broke up he didnt want to give him to her and he knew he couldnt care for him. My dads friend payed my dad 50$ and a huge bag of food and Harley, when i got home from school that day I found him sleeping on my futon in my old game room, and then the next six years were history, He could go and go and go for ever, he loved state parks and long hikes, he wasnt into fetch much and i couldnt really get him into it, i remember buying him a bunch of toys and he maybe touched them once, and he was only ever into raw hide when they were filled with peanut butter.
 
I am so sorry for you. I have a car chasing dog so you are describing my worst nightmare. You just cant beat yourself up over it - it could have happened to anyone at any time, even if you were with him. I am sure your dad is probably feeling awful too.

Its obvious you love him dearly and he must have had a great life with you - please take heart in that.
 
I'm so sorry for your loss. I've lost dogs to cars too and know how you feel. It's hard to know why these things happen. My sympathies to you and you're family.
 
I'm so, so sorry for your loss. Shelties tend to be car chasers. It could've happened to anyone. I hope you can find some peace after this tragedy. You definitely came to the right place.
 
Today has been more of the same. Easter really isnt happening for me this year. All today has consisted of so far is leaving church early and sitting here at bdubs(buffalo wild wings) by myself watching the nothing on the big screen, being around people makes me want to just go to sleep so ive been trying to avoid them. i have to play golf today at 3 so we'll see how that goes. I am really not looking forward to going back up to bloomington right now.
 
I just wanted to express my deepest sympathies for your loss. Please try not to blame yourself. It will take time to heal, and that's okay. I am thinking of you.
 
Back
Top