Hello All from Northern Canada

Rassy

Forums Enthusiast
Hello Everyone,,

We're Cliff & Michele from Way up North,, just found this page today,, and its exactly what i have been hunting for,, A Sheltie support and networking community... Excellant ..

Say hello to our boys Masumico little Squirt ("Squirt") , and Shelhaven BostonBrute ("Boston"):

Theyre both 3 and 4 years old,, and live a pretty comforted life as pets, both are registered at the CKC as non showing pets, and have been our main point in our lives since we got them when they were puppies.

Ive thrown a few pictures in to my profile uploads if anyones interested,, and definetly looking forward to looking at a few of yours !

Anyways looking forward to pouring over eveything written here,, and looking for any advice that can be passed on.. Will be great to get to know you all as we communicate over the years..
 
Last edited:
Cousins!

Welcome, Cliff & Michele, Squirt and Boston! Karen, from Shelhaven, is partners with my breeder, Connie Nelson from Connecticut. I love the Shelhaven dogs, and Alix (Karen's champion male) is having quite the winning year! My little guy, Barkley, is one of Alix's sons. Hope you enjoy the forum...look forward to hearing more about your guys! :wink2:
 
Hi yah,, yea Karen is nice , she was a little concerned over Squirts size being a full grown 7 lb sheltie we got from a different breeder,, but we got a excellant pup from her a few years ago,, whos grown in to the big guy we call boston,,..

Anyways ,, i seem to have everything pretty much figured out on this site (pretty similar to a diesel forums site i attend regularily) except for how to flip the thread over so it goes oldest post (or original poster) first.. any clues on how to do that ??

thank you..





EDIT: ohh found it in the options,, never mind !
 
Last edited:
Hi,
I live in Manitoba too, in Winnipeg. I joined this group two weeks ago. I have a 5 month old male named Chinook, and am getting a second male in three weeks from Edmonton. Glad to see that someone has two males, as I've been told not to have two males as they would be aggressive towards each other (this person does not have shelties, and said that it was her vet that told her that). Anyway, your furkids are adorable!
Ania and Chinook
 
hehe ,, aggresive to each other..... that is so far from the truth it hurts.. my 2 have been inseperable companions since they were put together as puppies ( which may be the key).. The games of tag are pretty much nonstop around my place after a good meal or a good trip out to the great outdoor bathroom ! hehe ..

Thank you for the kind remarks,, is your first puppy from Skyehaven shelties in Manitoba ?? Or do you know anyone with experience from them? they have a nice website, was thinkin about going to check the place out sometime.. we're always looking for a 3rd addition to our family..
 
Hi,
glad to hear that they will get along. That is what I thought too. No, Chinook is not from Skyhaven. He is also from around Edmonton, but from a different breeder than my new one, Clipper will be from. I've emailed Sherri from Skyhaven though, she seems very nice. I lost my first sheltie, Dorian this past June to cancer, and I emailed her to see if she had any puppies available. She did not at the time, but she offered for me to come down there and play with hers anytime. I thought that was a very nice gesture. I ended up finding Chinook by the time she had puppies. Clipper, is coming from a breeder that I met on line on another sheltie forum when Dorian fell sick. We've been in contact ever since.
Ania and Chinook
 
hheeh ok,, i just actually read that in a different post you have here somewhere else. :smile2: sad to hear about your first puppy passing on, .. I looked at your profile,, you need to get some pics in there soon as you get your new pup,, love to see them all together !!
 
Back
Top