Aren_Autumn
Forums Novice
I just wrote a really long hello post and then my computer crashed....
Bah.
So I apologize if this seems short, but I may need to regroup before I write out more details.
Basically, I am a 22 year old living on my own land in New Brunswick, Canada. My family's background has only been shelties. We had 2 while I grew up, Sandy (sable) and Kate (tricolor). Sandy was my first dog and she had to be peacefully laid to rest in February 2008 approaching 13 years of age. Kate is still alive, but at my parents' and is approaching 13 yo in May. She has slowed down a lot and I fear her time is near.
I own 2 shelties, 3 horses and 13 house rabbits *yes, 13!!*
Aren, whose full name is Arenoso - which means sandy in portugese - and Autumn. Aren is a sable and Autumn is a mahogany sable. Aren is the most incredible dog. She was the result of a backyard breeder putting 2 very unconformational shelties together, so she doesn't fit the breed standard at all. She's SO smart it scares me, and she is so in tune with my feelings I can't believe it. I am amazed by her daily.
She was born December 24, 2007.
Aren & I in summer 2008.
Aren with one of the baby rabbits I was raising. She is so gentle.
Aren just a few days ago.
Autumn is my sheltie with dog autism *no joke*. She was born April 27, 2008 and I bought her from a CKC breeder in September. She is approaching a year old but has a lot of cognitive deficits and still acts like a 3 month old puppy. I call her 'the baby' since she performs so many typical puppy actions, and despite our best attempts we cannot master anything more than sit. I love Autumn dearly, despite her learning disability, and she has the sweetest face ever.
So, that is me and my pups
I feed them Lamb & Rice Oven Baked Tradition (which scores a 4/5 for quality). It AMAZING. Shiny coats, energy, healthy teeth, and most of all - quality ingredients!!
Here is my favourite picture of Aren and Autumn, taken just a few days ago:
Bah.So I apologize if this seems short, but I may need to regroup before I write out more details.
Basically, I am a 22 year old living on my own land in New Brunswick, Canada. My family's background has only been shelties. We had 2 while I grew up, Sandy (sable) and Kate (tricolor). Sandy was my first dog and she had to be peacefully laid to rest in February 2008 approaching 13 years of age. Kate is still alive, but at my parents' and is approaching 13 yo in May. She has slowed down a lot and I fear her time is near.
I own 2 shelties, 3 horses and 13 house rabbits *yes, 13!!*
Aren, whose full name is Arenoso - which means sandy in portugese - and Autumn. Aren is a sable and Autumn is a mahogany sable. Aren is the most incredible dog. She was the result of a backyard breeder putting 2 very unconformational shelties together, so she doesn't fit the breed standard at all. She's SO smart it scares me, and she is so in tune with my feelings I can't believe it. I am amazed by her daily.
She was born December 24, 2007.
Aren & I in summer 2008.
Aren with one of the baby rabbits I was raising. She is so gentle.
Aren just a few days ago.
Autumn is my sheltie with dog autism *no joke*. She was born April 27, 2008 and I bought her from a CKC breeder in September. She is approaching a year old but has a lot of cognitive deficits and still acts like a 3 month old puppy. I call her 'the baby' since she performs so many typical puppy actions, and despite our best attempts we cannot master anything more than sit. I love Autumn dearly, despite her learning disability, and she has the sweetest face ever.
So, that is me and my pups
Here is my favourite picture of Aren and Autumn, taken just a few days ago:
Thanks for sharing the pictures of Aren and Autumn ! Great looking shelties, hope you like it here you'll find very informative, helpful and funny people here. It's a great group!
