Hello from Phoebe's Mom!

MaryLou

Forums Regular
Hello! Have run across this site several times since getting my girl, Phoebe (greek full moon godess, not Phoebe from friends LOL) Lots of good information to go through! She is a 7 month old Tri color sheltie, maybe mini according to the vet. She is pretty fearful of walking anywhere but the back yard... we are currently taking classes and trying to work on her fearfulness.

Looking forward to lots of knowledge from everyone here!
 
Hello from Ontario. We have a Phoebe too but she is an 11 year old Westie. We will all be waiting for pictures of your little girl. As for her fear issues, you will have to be patient, confident and supportive with her while not pushing her too fast. There are a lot of people on this forum that have dealt with dogs from various backgrounds that will do what they can to help you.
 
Hello from a fellow sheltie lover. Enjoy all the interesting stuff on the forum. We have a sweet sheltie girl who just turned 3 yrs., and she is a "go slow" girl. Patience, like Tagg said ,will be your best friend. And pictures are required.:pop
 
Welcome

Pheobe isn't just a Greek name, As I just learned from another web site forum Pheobe was one of the few women in the Bible who was considered a deacon and could go out an teach everyone.

Please don't misunderstand, I'm not in any way shape or form proselytizing here. I just find the origin of the name and where the name came from as interesting and wanted to share.

Welcome

Hopefully your phoebe will be an awesome teacher as well in her own right
 
Hello back everyone :-)

Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Didn't know that about the name Phoebe :-) thanks for sharing.

Have followed instructions for uploading pics but apparently I don't have that privelege right now? Promise, as soon as I can I wil post pics!
 
Thank you for the warm welcomes.

Didn't know that about the name Phoebe :-) thanks for sharing.

Have followed instructions for uploading pics but apparently I don't have that privelege right now? Promise, as soon as I can I wil post pics!

you have to be a premium member to post pix in threads or you can post links to photo sites like Flickr, Shutterfly, Photobucket, etc..........

we do love pix though:wink2:
 
Welcome to SN!! We have three Shelties (our first three past one year apart) and one of them - our blue merle is reactive. Seek help from a reputable trainer and then stick with whatever they advise (as long as it seems to be working). Hubby and I foster Shelties for Northern Chesapeake Sheltie Rescue and just adopted out a very fearful 13 month old Sheltie whose owners never took anywhere. He's fine in a fenced yard, but get him out in an open area and he freaks out. The most important thing to remember is to strive to make every experience a happy one and take it slow. Better to go too slow than speed things up or you'll do more harm than good.

Best of luck!
 
Back
Top