hello from western pa

horseinstructor

Forums Novice
hi we are a family of 5 (2adults and 3 kids twin 5 year olds and a 2 yearold) we love on a 38acre farm with 12 chickens, 2 ducks, a cat and a parrot. we are fencing in our yard today and are on the lookout for a puppy or an appropriate rescue. my goal is to do some showing (agility work appeals to me) but mostly to have fun with the dog and have him or her be our family and farm dog. let us know when something's around that should not be etc. I may also teach it how to hers on comand so I can use him\her to get the chickens back in the co-op. in very much looking forward to learning all I can here. my grandmother raises shelties when my mom was a kid but it was a long time ago.
 
Welcome to the forum horseinstructor...you have come to the right place for Sheltie information. In my opinion...they are the best! :smile2:
 
Welcome! If you go to the American Shetland Sheepdog Association website, you can find a list of breeders in your area. :yes:
 
welcome:smile2:
when you get a sheltie- we love pix:yes:

get your post count up to 10 and then you can use the pm system.
not sure where exactly you are in western PA but I grew up in Cambria county and know some breeders up that way.........
 
Welcome from another Western PA Sheltie person. There are a few of us floating around the forum. I'm just east of downtown Pittsburgh on the northern shore of the Allegheny.

Welcome! If you go to the American Shetland Sheepdog Association website, you can find a list of breeders in your area. :yes:

I can do one better than this...
Go to the Three Rivers Shetland Sheepdog Club of Greater Pittsburgh's website. Follow the link to "Puppies" and it will get you information on how to contract the club's Breeder Referral person. (No puppies are actively listed on the site.) She's aware of any puppies currently in the area or planned for the near future. She helped put me in touch with the breeder for my Edan and CJ.
 
Back
Top