Hello, heartbroken in Iowa

SkylerJacksonD

Forums Novice
Hello:

I am sad to announce that our beloved sheltie, Skyler Jackson, died Sunday evening after suffering a series of seizures. He was 11. I am still shocked. He had one real early Sunday morning, then a couple more during the day, we called our vet and he advised if they got any longer in duration, to take to hospital. He soon had another one, and it was about the same I guess. We took him to Vet small animal hospital where he suffered more seizures and did not come out of it. WE had to let him go. They were sure it was a brain tumor. If he would have made it through the night, we were going to have an MRI done.

Is this common for shelties Dr. mentioned they are prone to this? I am so sad, it happened so fast. He was only 11 and had no health issues besides a little arthritis. I am crushed.
 
Oh I am so sorry , what a sad heartbreaking thing to happen. God Bless you and comfort you. 11 sounds still so young to me.
 
I'm so very sorry :(

I've known quite a few Shelties, including my dog Trax, that have had seizures. Trax's were minor and seemed to be from the food he was eating, but I've known others that have had problems like that. My best friend lost her Sheltie at 3 years old due to what they think was a brain tumor.

Once again I'm very sorry for your loss :(
 
I'm so sorry for your lost. It's always tough to lose them before their time


Oh I am so sorry , what a sad heartbreaking thing to happen. God Bless you and comfort you. 11 sounds still so young to me.
To me 11 sounds amazing. Lately our animals have been dying at 12 or younger. I look at my 9 yr old and I'm just happy she's still moving, but she's getting older. Some good days, some bad. Unfortunately dogs leave at different times and you just gotta love them as much as possible until then.
 
It is always hard to say goodbye, no matter how old they are. When it is sudden it is doubly tragic. I am sorry for your loss.

We had a sheltie mix who had several strokes, and ultimately did pass from a tumor, but this was at 16. All we can do is care for them the best we can. And remember them when they are gone.
 
So sorry for the loss of your dear little boy. I hope in time your heart will heal and you will laugh at happy memories.:hugs
 
I am so deeply sorry for your loss. We just lost a lovely little 6 month old Pom to a seizure in July of this year - it is so awful to watch and then wait helplessly at the vet to see if they can save him. In time you'll realize that the pain now reflects how big the love was.
 
Back
Top