Hello!

Laurelin

Forums Regular
Hi, my name is Lauren and I'm new (obviously).

I've had shelties for a good 14 years growing up. Currently I just have a little 5 year old papillon named Summer, but one of my childhood shelties lives with my father. His name is Trey and he's 13 years old. He's getting very old acting now and was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism. He's doing better on his medicine, though.

I'm contemplating adding another sheltie in the next year. My own little girl passed away this last August at 12 1/2 and now I'm sheltie-less for the first time in a long time. I've looked at a lot of different herding breeds, but I'm now in an apartment so don't know if a larger herder is right for now. I do worry about the barking in an apartment, because Trey is a major barker. However my other two were not. I don't think it'd be too big a problem. Plus the breed is very familiar to me.

Here's a picture of Trey:
http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/Rabastan259/July 2008/bday.jpg

And with 3 of the 4 papillons- http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/Rabastan259/July 2008/kiss.jpg
 
Welcome Lauren

I know you will enjoy this forum. Trey is a gorgeous Sheltie. The Papillons are beautiful also. Do you breed Papillons? When you are ready for a sheltie pup or rescue this is the place to be. Right now one of our members Granite has allowed and welcomed us into her home to watch her Emmas' pups grow. Nine of them and it's been the greatest experience. :biggrin2: She has even been able to convince some of the pups new forever home parents join the forum so we can continue to watch them grow !!:yes: Awesome isn't it.
So again welcome and enjoy the forum. Of course we appreciate photos!:wink2:
 
Hello and welcome! Tray is very beautiful sheltie. He has a very sweet face. The papillons are very beautiful too. :wink2: When you are ready, you will find the perfect sheltie to welcome into your life. This is a wonderful forum. I am sure you will love it here as much as the rest of us do.
 
Welcome to the Forum, Lauren. Looks like we're all in agreement that Trey is a very handsome boy. I shared my life and love with a Papillon for fourteen years and although it's been almost three years since she went to her final sleep, I miss her terribly.:cry: The Paps in your photo looks lovely and their coloring complements Treys very nicely. I have a sable Sheltie boy who will be three years old soon and I've learned a lot since joining this Forum. It's a great place for learning, sharing, laughing and sometimes crying.
 
Thanks! I am sure I'll love it here too. I've never been part of a breed specific forum that I actually own the breed. I think I want to go with a puppy for the next dog. It's been 13 years since I've had a puppy of my own. I got my papillon girl at 3 years and we got Trey when he was a year old.

We don't breed papillons, we're just slightly papillon obsessed people! We showed our male to his AKC Ch and will hopefully show our young male but it's pretty casual. Our two females are spayed. I'm starting agility with my girl and maybe taking one of the boys to flyball to see how he likes it.

I do think that Trey believes he is a papillon nowadays. I don't know why! ;)

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/Rabastan259/Christmas break/trey.jpg

That's him at one of the papillon get togethers. Poor guy needs some friends of his own kind.

And my whole group after pulling all the covers off my bed. I know Trey was framed, lol!

http://i235.photobucket.com/albums/ee307/Rabastan259/crime.jpg
 
Last edited:
Welcome -- that picture of Trey kissing the papillions is precious! We're so glad you joined. :yes:
 
I must say your pictures are BEAUTIFUL! So are the dogs in them. :wink2: Well, welcome and havew fun here. Just becareful. Once you stop in, it's hard to leave!
 
What a gorgeous picture of Trey! And the papillions are adorable too!

When I lost by 12 year old Sheltie last spring, I toyed with getting a different breed - and look seriously at a Papillion.

That latest about 3 days! Once a Sheltieholic, always a Sheltieholic!

Welcome to the forum!
 
That latest about 3 days! Once a Sheltieholic, always a Sheltieholic!

I don't know about that! I was a sheltieholic a long long time until we got our first pap... Now I've had 3 shelties and 6 papillons. I think it's safe to say I've been converted lol.

They're both great breeds though.
 
Back
Top