Help!

The cone isn't slowing Molly down, and the incisions are healing nicely.
However, where the cone edge rubs when she tries to chew is rubbing a spot on the shaved area which will be raw if I don't come up with a solution.

None of the clothing that I found worked because of the incision near her back. The velcro fastening them would be right on it.

How much longer does she need to wear the collar? Seems like it should only be another couple of days? Maybe you could tape it or sand it smooth with some sandpaper just in that one spot? It might get rid of the sharp edges.

I'm glad to hear she is doing so well wearing the collar after all. How are her patches looking? I imagine the fur is starting to show some now?
 
We've got 11 more days until the sutures come out. I've taped a sock to the edge to see if that works, and the vet said I could put hydrocortisone cream on the sore spot but not touch the incision.
 
Great news

Just got home from the vet. He put a small patch over the sore and said the incisions look so good that he can take the stitches out next Wednesday morning. YAY! I can survive 5 more days:smile2:
 
Back
Top