Hey Y'all from Louisiana

ownedbymonsters

Forums Regular
As my name suggests I'm being owned by furry monsters. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, 2 almost grown kids (19 and 17) and a husband that probably never will grow up :smile2:

I was born and raised in Switzerland and moved to the USA when I met my American husband. I swear one of the main reasons to marry him was that he had a Sheltie (Sassy), which slept in his bed and was as spoiled rotten as my own pets.

Sassy passed away last May and I'm not quite over that yet. I still can't speak about her.

Gizmo is my English Springer Giant. I mean literally giant. He is an enormous 80lbs. He came into our family as a 6lbs puppy after our tri Collie Whisky passed away 4 years ago. I swear he hasn't stopped growing since.

Breezy is my hubby's baby. A Pomeranian, that my hairdresser wanted to get rid off. She was 4 weeks old when I got her last Christmas. I didn't tell my husband that we are going to have another dog until I put her on his chest. He was lost to her charm within 2 seconds (phhhhhhh I got lucky I guess LOL)

Sadie is our "new" Sheltie baby. We were so lucky to get her about a month after Sassy passed on. We named her Sadie in Sassy's honor, as it means Princess in Hebrew, which is (was) Sassy's nickname. Mostly though we call her Horsy, as she bounces up and down when she is being feed and her long staky legs are making her look like a filly.

Then there are also our 2 cats Speedy and Habibi. I brought those with me from Switzerland. They easily adjusted to Louisiana, but had to learn some real lessons: Snakes here are poisonous and bite, car drivers do NOT slow down here, human beings here actually think it's funny to shoot a cat with BB guns. What they didn't learn until today is that they are not dogs...

Well so much about me... Looking forward to meet new friends :-)
 
As my name suggests I'm being owned by furry monsters. I have 3 dogs and 2 cats, 2 almost grown kids (19 and 17) and a husband that probably never will grow up :smile2:
I was born and raised in Switzerland and moved to the USA when I met my American husband. I swear one of the main reasons to marry him was that he had a Sheltie (Sassy), which slept in his bed and was as spoiled rotten as my own pets.
Sadie is our "new" Sheltie baby. We were so lucky to get her about a month after Sassy passed on. We named her Sadie in Sassy's honor, as it means Princess in Hebrew, which is (was) Sassy's nickname. Mostly though we call her Horsy, as she bounces up and down when she is being feed and her long staky legs are making her look like a filly.
Well so much about me... Looking forward to meet new friends :-)

hello from lafayette louisiana
glad to see yall with Sadie in laplace.
enjoy your new nations, USA & Sheltie Nation
the faulks (includes Prince)
 
Welcome to the Sheltie Nation!

My cat, Kater Mikesch aka Boss Kitty, thinks he's more dog and rebellious human teenager than a kitteh...

I am also a transplant, I am German but have immigrated to Canada's East Coast since over 20 years. Although marriage to my Army guy didn't last, staying here was one of the best things I have ever done! :biggrin2:

Also, Herzlich Willkommen :biggrin2:
 
@ Calliesmom

WOOOOOW your Sheltie's are gorgeous! Yeah I'm addicted to pictures myself. :-)
Where did you get the dark sable from? She/He? looks like a younger slimmer version of Sassy.

Never seen a two colored eyes sheltie...
 
Back
Top