Hi from Ohio

Hello and welcome! I just got my puppy a couple of weeks ago, too. I had to go through the whole process of finding a breeder, waiting on a litter to be born, waiting for them to get big enough for me to know which one was mine, and waiting AGAIN to bring him home. So yeah, waiting is super fun...:uhoh:

Your baby girl looks like a cutie! How old are they now?
 
Hello and welcome! I just got my puppy a couple of weeks ago, too. I had to go through the whole process of finding a breeder, waiting on a litter to be born, waiting for them to get big enough for me to know which one was mine, and waiting AGAIN to bring him home. So yeah, waiting is super fun...:uhoh:

Your baby girl looks like a cutie! How old are they now?
Thanks! And hi back! She's 2 1/2 almost 3 weeks old now. Breeder days I can bring her home on October 29th. I'm counting the seconds. Lol ! We're empty nesters and had to put our beloved Rosie a golden to sleep a couple of months ago. So I guess I'm obsessing about this little girl - just a little. My kids think I'm crazy!
Working on deciding on a name.
 
Hello and welcome! I just got my puppy a couple of weeks ago, too. I had to go through the whole process of finding a breeder, waiting on a litter to be born, waiting for them to get big enough for me to know which one was mine, and waiting AGAIN to bring him home. So yeah, waiting is super fun...:uhoh:

Your baby girl looks like a cutie! How old are they now?
So how old is your puppy now? And how's it going?
 
Thanks! And hi back! She's 2 1/2 almost 3 weeks old now. Breeder days I can bring her home on October 29th. I'm counting the seconds. Lol ! We're empty nesters and had to put our beloved Rosie a golden to sleep a couple of months ago. So I guess I'm obsessing about this little girl - just a little. My kids think I'm crazy!
Working on deciding on a name.
I was counting the seconds too. You probably are crazy, haha. I was too. I totally get it.

I stalked the breeder on Facebook and asked her to post pictures at least once a week. If I wasn't obsessing over my puppy, I was trying to learn everything I could about the breed, or about agility, training, pedigrees, everything. I'm only less nuts now because he's here, and keeping us quite busy :D

I had a name picked out before I even started looking. Do you have any ideas so far?

So how old is your puppy now? And how's it going?

He will be 11 weeks tomorrow. It's going great! Took a couple of weeks, but he seems to be grasping the potty training now, understanding what he can and cannot do, and fitting into our routine. We have 2 Shiba Inu. He has taken to following the male around a lot, he wants so much to be part of the "pack".

There are so many things for them to learn in a new home. I had forgotten what it was like to have a puppy!

You've come to a good place for info. The people here are very knowledgeable and helpful!:)
 
Thanks! And hi back! She's 2 1/2 almost 3 weeks old now. Breeder days I can bring her home on October 29th. I'm counting the seconds. Lol ! We're empty nesters and had to put our beloved Rosie a golden to sleep a couple of months ago. So I guess I'm obsessing about this little girl - just a little. My kids think I'm crazy!
Working on deciding on a name.

Oh, and I'm sorry to hear about your Rosie. I've never had a golden, but I know they are very smart and lovable. It's great that you're putting your heart out there again for this puppy!

A Sheltie should be pretty different as a breed. I see a difference in him and other breeds, even as a puppy.
 
Sorry you lost of your Rosie, it's so hard !! But a little puppy is a good way to move forward. :wink2:

What a little beauty that is waiting for you :yes:

- When she gets a little older so I'm sure there will pop a name up when you look at your little fur baby.
----A Sheltie should be pretty different as a breed. I see a difference in him and other breeds, even as a puppy.
Gives Kupo mom absolutely right, it actually surprised me very much, and I have even had 3 German Shepherds before, which is also herding dogs.

You'll just have my favorite link (maybe you read it) http://sheltieforums.com/threads/are-shelties-for-everyone.22964/
 
I love puppy breath! and what a cutie, very interesting lil blaze. I love the guinea pig stage. Mine are two this yr, the pics bring back fond memories. Such an adventure a new puppy is. Of course most of us on the forum are very biased towards shelties. I bet you fall in love with the breed soon, too.
 
Back
Top