Hi From Ohio!

Marleys_Mommy

Forums Regular
Hello everyone! I would first like to introduce you to Marley.
Marley is a 8 1/2 month old Sheltie. Marley has had a horrific past. The rescue I foster for & I went down to the puppy-mill dog auctions about 2 weeks ago in Southern Ohio, and came home w/ five un-healthy, abused, malnurished, terrified dogs. Marley was one of them. I knew nothing about the breed, but fell in love with him the moment our lives met. He was mine. He deserved a forever home that the only thing he would know was "love".
Marley is terrified of the outside world, since he was only used for breeding & has never steped out of a cage until we rescued him. Marley went to the vet today, he was diagnosed with Colitis, all of the stress of the puppy-mill took its toll, but we are going to fight it, I have faith he will over come it.


Our family is now complete with Marley in it. He is my little shadow, where ever I go Marley goes to.


My name is Alicia, I have 3 dogs a Boston Mix, a Chihuahua Mix, and Marley my Sheltie. I also have a Siamese cat & 3 birds. I am a complete animal fanatic. I am also a foster mom to dogs in need. I look forward to learning a bunch about Shelties! Thank You!!



Here is my baby Marley....

Dogs001.jpg


Dogs008-2.jpg
 
Welcome!

Welcome to the group. There are a lot of good people on here with good advice! I myself have adopted 3 Sheltie girls over the past year, one of them named Marlie! You have a very cute boy! I would have fallen in love with him too! Very, very cute!
 
Marley is beautiful, what a shame he had such a rough start to life. And so young to be breeding! I'm glad he found such a special person to give him a forever home!

Welcome to the sheltie forum Alicia. I'm an animal lover too, I had two cats a dog and a bird. The cats have gone to the rainbow bridge but I still have a dog and the bird who believe it or not, was a stray (he's a cockatiel) :smile2:
 
also from Ohio ( 7hills)

How nice of you to rescue Marly. I'm sure the little fella will come around in time, it might take a couple of months though. You must of went down to Millersburg into amish country. I am learning to not like them for that reason. There is a pet store near me that sells puppies and i suspect they are amish cuz the one girl wears a long skirt plain white blouse and a small scarf on her head. The man there is always keeping an eye on you when you talk to her. It feels a little creepy when he watches you. I always go in there and do my best to talk people out of buying puppy mill pups. I tell them, of the horrible conditions dogs have to live their life out in. What normal breeder in there right mind would give their pups to be sold in a pet store, so they must come from puppy mills.

Welcome Alicia
 
Yep, its the Farmington Dog Auction, they are almost all Amish breeders. The poor dogs, they are so sick looking and live in fear. It was my first auction, I ever went to, I was horrified. They picked up the poor dogs and lunged them across into rusted wire cages, sickning. I think our rescue will be going to the August 30th one. Marley is one of the lucky ones, I can't tell you how much I love this little boy.
 
Welcome Alicia, Marley and Crew

Great going Marley you have a forever home with lots of love and Freedom !!!:wink2: God Bless you Alicia the world needs more people like you.:yes: Enjoy the forums. I was so dissappointed when I found out so many of the Amish are puppy mills.:cry: I had great respect for them because they are able to live such a simple life in these days. But doing that to animals is unacceptable !!:mad: Thanks again Alicia for being there for some of these dogs.
 
What a big change! Marley looks much more relaxed in the second photo, almost like a different dog! He should come around in no time!
 
Lucky Marley and lucky you!! What a tender face -- I know he'll do well in such a loving home.
 
Back
Top