Hi to everyone from Dartmoor, England

David

Forums Enthusiast
In short Tara (Ir Ch. Navarrem Summer Nights) was given to me a year ago after I lost my beloved Jess (Heinz 57) of 16 years in January 2009. Daily life seemed so empty and sad, so I asked a breeder if I could book a sheltie pup for the quiet time after Christmas - instead she offered me the chance to rehome Tara who was 6 years old. As I would be in Florida for three weeks in November she offered to look after her whilst I was away. The only condition was that Tara would have to have her sixth and final litter before she could become mine completely. The breeder would have some of this litter. Tara came to live with us in June 2009.

All is now done, but sadly Tara carried only one pup and that died whilst in the womb. But Tara has come thru' the op. well and now is mine. And I can join you all on this great site.

Our Tara is beautiful, I hope you will agree. (Although I do realize everyone else's pups are also the most beautiful in the world). I don't want to upset everyone so I'll try to include a couple of pics for starters.

http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/dhw/Tara/

I hope it works... and that it is not too much info!
 
Welcome to you and Tara!

Thanks for sharing pictures immediately--you must have read some of the other posts where we hound people for pictures! :)

Tara is beautiful! Where was the picture taken in front of a cottage? Is that your home? It's so pretty.

Welcome again.
 
I am sorry I missed off the most important bit... Thank you all for the information, amusement and interest that you have all provided me with since I lurked here for over a year. Really many thank and you are all a great team.
 
Hi and glad to see you have come over to the otherside from lurking - I often wonder who all those 'guests' are.

Tara has a gorgeous coat.

You will have to share your secrets to Jess's longevity, and some pics of her too!
 
Welcome to our little family. Tara is absolutely striking. I LOVE the color of her coat.

Jess was a beautiful dog in her own right.
 
Thanks for the welcome. I meant to say that I had lurked for over a year because Tara was not mine till now, but thanks to all of you for the fun, information and guidance I have found here. (I'll get this posting right soon I promise!).

No the cottage was at a National Trust house and garden we visited in Cornwall. Tara's house is this one:
http://s912.photobucket.com/albums/ac328/dhw/The Old Vicarage/
 
Welcome! Tara is just lovely and obviously very happy to be in a 'forever' home with you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. No matter how long we have them, we're never ready to let go. Phebe, is my first purebred Sheltie, and came to live with me after Foxy, Sheltie-cross, passed at the age of 17. Such a bittersweet time, but I wouldn't change a bit of it, if I even could.
 
Welcome to you and Tara =). You are absolutely right, Tara is very beautiful. I love how the European Shetland Sheepdogs look slightly different from the ones here in America. Thank you for the pictures and a glimpse of your sheltie angel Jess who is very beautiful as well. They both have such a soft, sweet look to them.
 
Welcome. Jess was a gorgeous dog, and Tara is quite the looker. I was a lurker for a while as well before joining. It is so much nicer to be a part of the team!
 
Back
Top