Hi - we're new here

DonC

Forums Regular
Hi, Last November my wife and I were asked if we'd like a dog, somewhat of a rescue. We said yes and since that time I've gained a fulltime buddy and as my friends say, a "sidekick". Timmy is a four year old, born July 2010, large Sheltie. He's a few pounds over 50 lbs and much larger than other Shelties I've seen and is perfect for me. He loves to walk and hike in the hills, unless it's hot, and together we've logged over 450 miles of hiking this year. He's been great for my new knee! We've finished two classes and this week we're starting the "Good Citizen" class. Not sure how he'll do with that as distractions like cats and other dogs are high on his "let's investigate" list.
A great pet and friend, I'm totally sold on Shelties and wish I'd found them much earlier. I've been enjoying this website and it's refreshing to find I'm not the only one that thinks they're great.
We live in Spokane, WA and also spend time at Flathead Lake, MT.
Hopefully, this is the correct way to post a photo, (This is Timmy):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128513567@N04/15745458935/
Don
 
Awww.... What a cutie you have! Welcome! I moved from your area just a few years ago ( i was in coeur d alene, now southeast Idaho) and trained with Spokane dog training club and stride ahead agility. I sure miss it there!
 
Tummy, is beautiful! We are new here to and finding it a fantastic place for support and information.
 
beautiful boy!

Hi, Last November my wife and I were asked if we'd like a dog, somewhat of a rescue. We said yes and since that time I've gained a fulltime buddy and as my friends say, a "sidekick". Timmy is a four year old, born July 2010, large Sheltie. He's a few pounds over 50 lbs and much larger than other Shelties I've seen and is perfect for me. He loves to walk and hike in the hills, unless it's hot, and together we've logged over 450 miles of hiking this year. He's been great for my new knee! We've finished two classes and this week we're starting the "Good Citizen" class. Not sure how he'll do with that as distractions like cats and other dogs are high on his "let's investigate" list.
A great pet and friend, I'm totally sold on Shelties and wish I'd found them much earlier. I've been enjoying this website and it's refreshing to find I'm not the only one that thinks they're great.
We live in Spokane, WA and also spend time at Flathead Lake, MT.
Hopefully, this is the correct way to post a photo, (This is Timmy):
https://www.flickr.com/photos/128513567@N04/15745458935/
Don

Resembles my Kaleigh (10 mths) only she is smaller-19 lbs. My 1st sheltie was oversized, but the best dog ever. She was a birthday present from my hubby back in the 80's, she was the reason I fell in love with the breed. Spokane is really nice, had a college dorm friend from there, who had family in Ephrata, WA. Lake Chelan was always a favorite place to go when we lived in Edmonds, WA...
 
Don, a big welcome to you and your Timmy. He is stunning. Yes, Shelties make super wonderful companions...and how blessed Timmy is to have found the perfect home with you.

Trini
 
Welcome to the forum Don And Timmy! That is a picture of one good-looking guy! Thanks for sharing it with us.
 
Hi Don, Wife and Timmy, welcome to Sheltie Nation. You have found a great place to look around and learn, there is always someone here willing to help with just about any problem you have. Your Timmy is so striking, and yes, there is nothing better than the loyal love and companionship of these sweet little souls. They are the best. Thanks for Timmy's picture, we look forward to seeing more of your boy. :smile2:
 
Welcome! Timmy is a beautiful boy -- about the same size as my Beckon (aka Colonel Underpants :biggrin2:)
 
Last edited:
Back
Top