Hide A Squirrel~

mbfrench

Forums Celebrity
Well off we went to Florance today.Even thru the puking episode(Jasper) we went just the same with the boys.

We went to PetsMart,we had not been since they opened back a couple of months ago.

They both did amazingly well.Of course Trapp was so into visiting everyone and anything on 4 legs that walked by him.He got to play a bit with an 8 week old cocker spaniel,and a wee bit of a chihuahua.(The cutest thing).

Jasper was a bit more reserved,but walked real well thru the store,especially when we went through dog food aisles. It was like..RUT RHO..food..I like food!

We got them both the Hide a Squirrel.I wanted the Bee one,but they were out.And a few 3.00 sherpa stuffless toys. And also one of those water bottles,that opens up,and has a flat tray attached so they can drink while on walks.
Trapp will drink from a plastic water bottle,but makes a mess.This he really did well with,as we filled it before we left the store.

Other than turning a few heads today,as they really got alot of attention.And believe it or not..not one oh "miniature collie" comment~
 
Oh, mine just love hide-a-squirrel -- especially Layla! We had the bee one, too, but somebody ate the bees.
 
Glad they had fun--sorry about Jasper's upset tummy.

It sounds like it was a great experience for them.

And I have a stupid question...I don't think I "get" the hide a squirrel. Do the dogs like it because they want to get the squirrels out? Don't they just chew on the house? Sorry I've never seen a dog play with one! :)
 
Glad they had fun--sorry about Jasper's upset tummy.

It sounds like it was a great experience for them.

And I have a stupid question...I don't think I "get" the hide a squirrel. Do the dogs like it because they want to get the squirrels out? Don't they just chew on the house? Sorry I've never seen a dog play with one! :)

Layla likes me to hold the house while she tugs out the squirrels. Beckon eats the squirrels. :rolleyes2:
 
Cranberry inherited a similar toy- little squeaky balls inside- he could care less. plays with tons of the other toys- guess it doesn't smell right :no:
 
OHHH mine have the Squirrel...although yesterday in my house it was the real life hide a squirrel!!:eek2:
I also have the hide a rabbit with the top hat...its too darn cute!! Although the puppies ate off the bunnies buck teeth and their whiskers...and the hide a squirrels tuft of fur on the tops of their heads and half their tails....well you get the idea....we need to order new "refills":uhoh:
 
Oh the hide a squirrel, that brings back memories.:smile2: My friend got one for her Rottweiler litter. What fun watching the puppies try and get the squirrels out. Finally, a puppy named Guiness all of 5 wks old, picked up the tree and shook it with all his might. One of the squirrels popped out and his brother grabbed it. That just encouraged him. I think he shook that tree to death.:lol:
 
Well off we went to Florance today.Even thru the puking episode(Jasper) we went just the same with the boys.

We went to PetsMart,we had not been since they opened back a couple of months ago.

They both did amazingly well.Of course Trapp was so into visiting everyone and anything on 4 legs that walked by him.He got to play a bit with an 8 week old cocker spaniel,and a wee bit of a chihuahua.(The cutest thing).

Jasper was a bit more reserved,but walked real well thru the store,especially when we went through dog food aisles. It was like..RUT RHO..food..I like food!

We got them both the Hide a Squirrel.I wanted the Bee one,but they were out.And a few 3.00 sherpa stuffless toys. And also one of those water bottles,that opens up,and has a flat tray attached so they can drink while on walks.
Trapp will drink from a plastic water bottle,but makes a mess.This he really did well with,as we filled it before we left the store.

Other than turning a few heads today,as they really got alot of attention.And believe it or not..not one oh "miniature collie" comment~

This sounds like something Bella needs.. I did search on Petsmart and it did not come up but i found it online at other places. too too fun... so where in pestmart did you find it? with the stuffed toys?
 
I just bought a hide a squirrel from petco last weekend. I didn't give it to her yet. It's for her bday next week.

Glad they had fun--sorry about Jasper's upset tummy.

It sounds like it was a great experience for them.

And I have a stupid question...I don't think I "get" the hide a squirrel. Do the dogs like it because they want to get the squirrels out? Don't they just chew on the house? Sorry I've never seen a dog play with one! :)

The instructions on the box say to put the squirrels in your laundry basket for 12 hours. This makes the squirrels smell like you. Then you tease the dog with the squirrels before you put them in the tree trunk. I guess with your scent and teasing them, it really builds up their drive and desire to get those squirrels!
 
Last edited:
Heheh, I picked up Hide A Squirrel at PetCo last week. I had been looking for it for a while but never could find a store locally that had it in stock, and was too lazy to order it online.

I guess I didn't read the instructions about adding the scent thing in, but Vash goes absolutely crazy over anything that squeaks. I pulled it out, squeaked a few of the squirrels and tossed in a couple treats.

Next thing I know my pups pushing his snout into the tree stump, by passing all squirrels along the way eating the treats. Eventually he was wearing the tree stump on his head with all squirrels inside.

After a while I got him to pull the squirrels out, after which Vash insisted that I squeak them and toss them for him to fetch.

While my pup doesn't use the toy as intended, he sure loves it. And it's also provided me a good 20-30 min of straight up laughing at how silly he was being.
 
Back
Top