I think Eevee is blind after spay...

Back from a visit to the vet

Thank you everyone for your prayers and well wishes. It is very comforting to know that we have so much support.

Our regular vet is still on vacation so we saw one of his colleagues. She thinks that Eevee had a seizure last night. Drooling, sudden blindness, sudden deafness, losing her senses, stumbling etc she says are all symptoms of a seizure. This morning Eevee can see and hear again. Thank God. I think all of our prayers last night worked! But I had to leave Eevee with the vet so she can give her some IV fluids and some medicine (I can't remember the name) to keep the toxins in her intestine to remove them, rather than toxins going to the blood stream, then to Eevee's liver to brain where it caused a seizure.

As soon as our vet gets back, we are getting an ultrasound to done to check out her liver, kidneys and bladder (for her frequent UTI's also. She's had like 5 UTI's since we got her last June). But mean while, Eevee will be on low protein diet from Hills U/D or something to keep the protein in take low. Right now she's on Solid gold sun dancer which is min 30% protein with Hills C/D.

After the ultrasound, depending on the results, we will go from there. If she has a liver disease, vet thinks it's manageable with diet and drugs. If it's liver shunt, she will need to be operated on.

While's Eevee's at the vet, if she has another seizure, they will give her anti-convulsion drugs. They said they will call me if this happens, so I'm hoping that I won't get a phonecall from them today.

I'm totally devastated. I feel sooo bad for Eevee. Poor thing. She's such a good and sweet girl. I can't believe she has to go through all this drugs, IV, blindness, deafness etc when she's only 13 month old. She must be sooo confused and scared, just as I am for her... Please keep her in your prayers. Thank you all.
 
How scary. I'm glad Eevee is better.

I am keeping you in my thoughts. Hopefully the doctors find what is causing this and allow Eevee to get all better and live a healthy life. Sending prayers and thoughts your way!
 
So happy that Eevee can see again!

I hope whatever is causing Eevee's recent health issues, it can easily be treated or managed and she can go on to live a normal and healthy life.

Feel better Eevee! Keep us updated.
 
I'm so glad to hear Eevee's vision is back and the vet is keeping an eye on her. My Pixie had seizures also as a puppy and they continued for several years but we were able to manage them with diet and holistic prescription meds. She did grow out of them by age 4 and has been seizure-free for two years now so don't despair. It isn't necessarily a lifelong sentence. You got her in quickly and with the diagnostics to determine the cause you're on the right track.

Sending pats and prayers for healing and recovery!
 
SO glad to "see" and hear Eevee appears to be getting better. I can only imagine how scared you were and confused she was.
 
Der St. Francis,
How can we thank you for such a swift response to our prayers? From all our hearts, we are grateful for Eevee's turn for the better. Please continue to watch over her and keep her in gentle progression to full health.
In His name we ask and give thanks, Amen
 
Last edited:
Back
Top