In Honor of All Who Came Before Me

RonandJan

Forums Enthusiast
McKinley here.

I am writing today because Jan is just quietly sitting in the garden. She told me it has been a year since Cleveland left her and she is not up to playing today. She has told me the stories of all the dogs that have come before me, and I thought that I should share them with all of you.

In Honor of all who came before me.

In honor of Buttons, who was the first: A dog earned by hard hours of schoolwork and a resilient dog that never seemed to have a care in the world and who taught a child responsibility, empathy, and dedication to one other than herself.

In honor of Abby, the second: A dog who appeared out of no where, who was as down on her luck as the young woman was and taught the young woman how to pick herself up by the bootstraps and never quit.

In honor of Bosley, the third: A dog that truly had special needs mentally, but had a heart of gold and loyalty to the depth of his soul, he taught the young mother patience, better communication skills, and kindness.

In honor of Buddy, the fourth: A simple dog who came broken and abused during a very complicated time and taught the woman how to find peace and serenity and how to rebuild trust in the midst of chaos.

In honor of Cleveland, the fifth: A dog, as smart as he was handsome, who only wanted to make others happy and taught the middle aged woman mercy and unselfishness through a death that came too soon.

She told me today that she is humbled by the dogs that have walked beside her. She said they all had amazing characters. She told me she hopes that she has been the good human her dogs have seen in her.

I am the sixth. She has taught me much, but I am told by her that I have much to teach as well. She promised to be my best friend and I will be hers.

~~~~~running off devilishly, calling ~~~~~~~~

“Come on Jan, let’s go make a big mess in the garden and have a good romp in the muddy swamp ……….you know “they” are watching from the bridge and “they” sent me to make you happy…………..”
 
Last edited:
Mckinley, That was so beautifully put. Chandler and I will be giving Mom extra Sheltie Kisses on Tuesday because that's our sister Lacey's birthday we'll tell you about her than. Have a lovely day with your Mom and give her lots of kisses and show Ron how cute you are so he'll consider adding a sister or brother for you.

Praying all Jan's furbabies are having fun at Rainbow Bridge.
Chandler and Gypsy
 
McKinley

Thank you for sharing what is Jan's heart. You know how sad she feels today. Give her lots of Sheltie kisses, hugs and cuddles. Let her know how much you love her just as you know how much she love you. Let her be sad today, but make her happy as well. Giver her lots of special memories.
 
Today is a day for remembering Cleveland, but it is also a day to remember that Cleveland brought you to Jan, McKinley. Remind her of that with lots of puppy kisses and joy. That will ease her pain and make her feel better. :o
 
Dear McKinley, I am so glad that you are with Jan today when her heart is heavy. There are so many good dogs who came before you in her life, and you are a good boy, too. I think they are proud of you.

Jan and Ron, today is a hard day, but I am thinking of both of you and hoping that you are finding a little peace.
 
MMM, what a wonderful tribute to the dogs who came before you. Today is a difficult day for Jan and Ron, so you must look after her, make her laugh and give her extra kisses.

I'll be thinking of you today, Jan and Ron.
 
Last edited:
MMM your words are so very beautiful in honor of the dogs that came before you.
We know that this is a hard day,for everyone.We have been thinking of Ron & Jan so much these last few weeks.

Thinking of all of you~
 
Thank you McKinley for reminding us that there more joy, understanding, love, and laughter in looking back and remembering than there is loss, pain, or grief.
 
MMM you are very wise and wrote such a beautiful tribute. Jan and your dad are very lucky to have you in their lives. Be a very good boy today and shower your mom with kisses and lick away a few tears. Now I must go have Zak lick a few tears.
 
Great big hugs to Jan and all your furkids past and present !

McKinley here.

I am writing today because Jan is just quietly sitting in the garden. She told me it has been a year since Cleveland left her and she is not up to playing today. She has told me the stories of all the dogs that have come before me, and I thought that I should share them with all of you.

In Honor of all who came before me.

In honor of Buttons, who was the first: A dog earned by hard hours of schoolwork and a resilient dog that never seemed to have a care in the world and who taught a child responsibility, empathy, and dedication to one other than herself.

In honor of Abby, the second: A dog who appeared out of no where, who was as down on her luck as the young woman was and taught the young woman how to pick herself up by the bootstraps and never quit.

In honor of Bosley, the third: A dog that truly had special needs mentally, but had a heart of gold and loyalty to the depth of his soul, he taught the young mother patience, better communication skills, and kindness.

In honor of Buddy, the fourth: A simple dog who came broken and abused during a very complicated time and taught the woman how to find peace and serenity and how to rebuild trust in the midst of chaos.

In honor of Cleveland, the fifth: A dog, as smart as he was handsome, who only wanted to make others happy and taught the middle aged woman mercy and unselfishness through a death that came too soon.

She told me today that she is humbled by the dogs that have walked beside her. She said they all had amazing characters. She told me she hopes that she has been the good human her dogs have seen in her.

I am the sixth. She has taught me much, but I am told by her that I have much to teach as well. She promised to be my best friend and I will be hers.

~~~~~running off devilishly, calling ~~~~~~~~

“Come on Jan, let’s go make a big mess in the garden and have a good romp in the muddy swamp ……….you know “they” are watching from the bridge and “they” sent me to make you happy…………..”

McKinley, I'm sure you along with all who came before you are Blessed. Thank you for sharing this lovely letter about all the great furkids who came before you. Give Jan extra snuggles and Thanks again.
 
Back
Top