Increased flufffiness

Mirabella

Forums Regular
Kobe had really gotten much more coat from the age of about 2 to his now 2 1/2. He looks twice as big but has only gained a pound or so.

When do Shelties get their full coat and do they continue to gain weight until then?
Thanks!
 
It really depends on genetics, their neuturing history, and yes, to some degree diet.

The thing you should keep in mind is the Shelties you see in the ring have been groomed and trimmed for show, so don't try to compare your dog to show dogs.

Most dogs will grow into their coat by 2-3 years. Though I've heard stories as late as 5 years. Both my boys are 4 year old neutured males, and I'm still waiting...that being said, both have had brutal groomings which may have delayed their hair growth as a result.

Can you post a picture? It might help us assess where he is at.....

TTFN
 
Emma was two last September. I have just noticed what a beautiful fuller coat she has gotten. Even the breeder mentioned it when she saw Emma yesterday. Liam was two in December, he is also getting a heavier coat. Now Natalie, she already has a heavy heavy coat at 9 months.
 
Photos added Increase fluffiness

Photo today
IMG_0981.jpg


IMG_0980.jpg
 
I do think I can safely say at 2-1/2 Trapp has finally grown into himself with his coat. Since he was a puppy from a first litter from our breeder,now she has something to go by to tell others for future litters.

Jasper..has been a slower process. Although his coat is longer & flowy.Not much pouf yet,but definately pretty. Texture of his coat is differant as well. He is softer. Trapp is course.
 
Back
Top