Indy is a sneak!

BarbV

Forums Celebrity
Today, I brought home from the store a new treat....Everest Cheese Chews. wonderful, btw!

I bought the small sizes for each of them because I wasn't sure if they would like them or not. Bacca (aka Eeyore) just looked at it and walked away. Indy took to it immediately.

But here is the funniest thing.....Indy has developed a trick of hiding chew sticks or whatever in his mouth so that I can't see that's he's bringing it outside when I let the dogs out. And he does the same thing when he comes inside. He somehow tucks it into his mouth and hides it. I went hunting for 10 minutes for the cheese chew after he came inside, only to find out that he actually did bring it back in, but hid it in his mouth!

I found him chewing on it in the living room a few minutes later. Such a scrounge dog! Too funny!
 
That's sneaky! And why would he start to do this? To keep it hidden from Bacca (who doesn't seem interested)?
 
:lol::lol: What ???
He's cheeking his treats ... guess you will have to have pockets made for his pants ... why is he hiding them ???
too much ...
Treesa .... I'll have to keep an eye on you now girl ... your brother helps me
anticipate things you might try you know ... :eek2:
 
Buffy totally does this when I take her walking outside. I live in a city so she often finds things on the ground. (The other day I caught her with almost a full slice of pizza someone threw away!) Anyway, most of the time when I catch her I yell "EW, GROSS, YUCK, DROP IT" and she takes that opportunity to close her mouth, stop chewing, and turn away, like "What? Who, me? I don't have anything!" Sometimes I confess I zone out and she gets away with it, but I usually catch her chewing then go digging in her mouth....
 
My Danny Boy does the same thing. I know for sure he is hiding something when he clamps his jaws shut and won't let me pry them open. Too smart and sneaky.:lol:
 
My Border Collie Max was an expert at this sort of thing.

Back when I was married to THE JERK, we would go up to west TN to visit family and take the dogs (at that time, two - Sheltie and BC) with us. My great uncle and aunt had a full one-bedroom apartment with separate entrance attached to the back of his house that we would always stay in. They also had a big herd of beef cattle (about 30 head) and a small flock of sheep (about 10-15 head). The entrance to this apartment was overlooking the road to the barn and the upper pastures.

It was away from the main road by quite a bit, so there was no harm in letting the boys run the pastures a little bit. (But always supervised from the top of the hill.)

So guess what Max would do? He would find the filthiest, nastiest, most puke-inspiring piece of (sheep poop, cow poop, horse poop, dead squirrels, etc) he could find and bring it back INSIDE. It became necessary to do a cheek check when going in for the night. There were a couple of times he managed to get past me, though. And what did he bring inside? The five-day-old innards of a field-dressed deer! It was RANK and I was DISGUSTED. I think I yelled "DROP IT" so loud the poor guy almost peed on the floor.
 
Back
Top