Interceptor

Esmiles04

Forums Enthusiast
Hi everyone!!

I was wondering...does anyone notice a change in their dog's behavior after giving interceptor? She still eats, but I wouldn't say her appetite is great. She just doesn't seem like her regular self. I'm getting worried because even though she plays, she's not as energetic as she is normally.

Elina and Sophie, Oskar, and Emmie
 
Elina

I can't say I ever noticed any change in Kia while on the interceptor. I will pay extra attention to see for certain.:uhoh:
 
I've been using Interceptor for Spencer since I got him at seven weeks old and have seen no changes in his behavior. At the age of 2-1/2 years, when Spencer started having seizures, I was especially concerned about using Interceptor and K9 Advantix, but I found that neither product brought about any change in his behavior, nor did they bring on seizures. How long has this change in behavior lasted after you give her the Interceptor?
 
I just gave my girls their interceptor pill today and I can say that I have never noticed any changes in the behavior. I had the hose out tonight and Marlie was going nuts as usual - no change there!
 
My three all take Interceptor too and we've never had a problem. Are you giving the pill with food? It does say in the directions to be sure to give it with food and not on an empty stomach.
 
Thanks everyone for your replies. I do give it with food. I gave it to her on the 19th of this month and she got Frontline on the 21st of this month.

At this point, I'm really worried. She's not behaving like herself at all. She's quite lethargic. Did not even touch breakfast this morning. I thought maybe its the dry food and when I tried to give her just wet food, she turned her nose up to it. She does eat yogurt though, which is her favorite. I feed her Taste of the Wild dry food and Wellness wet food.

Could these be symptoms of Lyme disease? Although I don't think so, she's been vaccinated against LD.

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.
 
Last edited:
Elina

Now that you have posted that your pupper is on both interceptor and Frontline now I see the culprit! It's the Frontline. It causes various problems with some puppers. Seizures being one that I'm aware of. I suggest ommitting the frontline and using the Natural remedy, flea and tick spray by Seargents, it's called Nature's Guardian. Best of luck and let us know the results once ommitting the Frontline.:winkgrin:
 
I've no advice, but I just want to send to you my wish that your pup gets well soon!

It is so awful to see them sick. They can't talk, so they can't tell you what's up. And they have very high pain thresholds, so even when they are really sick, you don't even know it, sometimes.

Good luck and take care!
 
Thanks everyone for your replies. I do give it with food. I gave it to her on the 19th of this month and she got Frontline on the 21st of this month.

At this point, I'm really worried. She's not behaving like herself at all. She's quite lethargic. Did not even touch breakfast this morning. I thought maybe its the dry food and when I tried to give her just wet food, she turned her nose up to it. She does eat yogurt though, which is her favorite. I feed her Taste of the Wild dry food and Wellness wet food.

Could these be symptoms of Lyme disease? Although I don't think so, she's been vaccinated against LD.

Thanks for all your help guys. I really appreciate it.

I agree with Elaine, cut out the frontline. If she doesn't start acting like herself, I would get her into the vet first thing on Tues. since tomorrow is a holiday. I would also give her a bath tomorrow and see if that helps. I have heard a lot a crap about frontline and how it affects the dogs. Personally, I would never put it on my dogs, it's not worth it. Let us know how she is doing tomorrow. I hope she is getting better.
 
Everyone here is right, it could be the Frontline, but it could also be something else. Have you used Frontline before with any reaction? If this is something new, I agree that I'd get her to the vet first thing Tuesday, and sooner to an emergency service if her symptoms get worse. Even though she was vaccinated for Lyme, she could also have Lyme disease. Two of my dogs got Lyme and had been vaccinated...that's when I found out the vaccine is not terribly effective. Also, have you checked her temp? If she has a fever it could be an indicator of Lyme. If it's over 102.5 I'd call your vet's answering service and leave a message for him.

Please keep us posted on how she does. We'll be thinking about you!
 
Back
Top