it's time... Alfie says hi from Taiwan!

xerospin

Forums Enthusiast
I didn't want to come back to the forum for the longest time after Astro went missing. He is still very much missed and will always have a place in my heart. But after almost a year I think it's time to have some sheltie back in my life.

Alfie's a sable merle sheltie. Almost 11months now and I'm not sure if hes considered oversized? He measures 16 1/4" today. Hes very water borne, and before him I thought shelties normally hates water :P

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-6IYsW-MjBHQ/TlPcHPIgk0I/AAAAAAAACt8/m78bO_wYGnc/s720/P1230050.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-MsJAFea5lVE/TlPcZ5PbvQI/AAAAAAAACt8/DzZicimpbTQ/s720/P1230230.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-AbpAaINHoic/Tr6K6ZWj-cI/AAAAAAAAEUE/Pn4S_xt20RE/s720/P1290730.jpg

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-2LKlSeEVBE0/TrVCrz_TE4I/AAAAAAAAEUA/28SAIQ9Fh6w/s512/P1290308.JPG

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-AVejpERNQ_0/TpHmz7Cdp6I/AAAAAAAAEDU/1Fd-MK1Br-o/s720/P1270433.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-FIiV-eI4qJ8/TrVAyG-m6EI/AAAAAAAAEQ0/yAii4XJ6TxQ/s512/P1290158.JPG

https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-m2N2h2UQ4PQ/TqbMYG7dNLI/AAAAAAAADUs/aNQAV4wsW1A/s512/P1280608.JPG

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yHUab9pwEjI/TmZmmXX_TSI/AAAAAAAACYc/YV7raHmp4xQ/s640/P1240663.JPG

I wanted to show him, but I read he will be penalised heavily for his eyes? Apart from that, can somebody give me some opinions about him? To me he's beautiful so I cant see his faults lol

Greetings from Taiwan :)
 
He is gorgeous!!! He really does look like he loves the water.

The conformation members can advise you on showing him, but I think the standard for size in shelties is 13-16".
 
Thanks! He's very different from my last Sheltie,who was from europe. much heavily boned :)

Ha, so he's oversized then. That's too bad :p yes I'd still like to hear some opinions about him. just curious that's all. His stop is quite shallow a lot of ppl with shelties think he's a collie. But he's a Sheltie for sure!
 
Great pictures! He looks like a very happy boy!

I didn't think shelties liked water until I got my girl, she loves to play in the water.
 
Beautiful dog! Mine also loves swimming :smile2: I think it is so cute when they paddle around the water, they look just to happy!

Ahaha I love the holding still pictures. I tried a few times to teach Kyara to hold a treat on her nose but she just needs to move all the time! I can't figure out how to keep her still lol so if you have any tips for me, don't hesitate.

Otherwise keep the pictures coming. He is one sweet guy.
 
These pics are a hoot! Too funny. He's quite talented already. Guessing he's too large to show, but may want to think about getting him trained as a therapy dog. People would love to see his tricks and look into those beautiful eyes.
 
Back
Top