Ivy has Cancer

Ann

Moderator
It's been a very difficult year here so far. Today my little 10 year old Ivy had surgery (her second this year), this time for a dime-sized growth that looked like a blood blister on the inside of her rear leg. It came up quickly, in the last few weeks, and on initial examination my vet thought it was a wart. Today he operated, and is fairly sure it is malignant. We will know by the end of the week. He does know, though, that it's cancer.

She doesn't act as though she's sick, but has a large incision where he took as much as possible, he said, to get all the tumor. We will see what the biopsy says, and then decide what's next. Radical treatment isn't an option for us, since my husband lost his job in January.

Please send us some prayers. Thanks to all.
 
praying good thoughts for Ivy that its confined to just that one spot and he got it all and she will continue to be healthy!!
 
Oh Ann, I am so sorry about Ivy. I feel for you so much...I will definitely keep you in my prayers. I just hope your vet got it all and Ivy will bounce back from this...it can happen, right? You are due for some good news. Please keep us all posted!
 
Oh Ann, I am so sorry to hear that. I know what you are feeling right now. Last May I found out that my 11 year old had cancer. I will pray that all the cancer was removed and that Ivy will recover.
 
Oh Ann...our prayers are included here too....for Ivy, as well as you and your husband. It sure seems that when it rains, it pours...but then the day comes when the sun shines brightly again. Sounds like you are due for some sunshine ;-).
 
Ann My prayers are with you !!

It's been a very difficult year here so far. Today my little 10 year old Ivy had surgery (her second this year), this time for a dime-sized growth that looked like a blood blister on the inside of her rear leg. It came up quickly, in the last few weeks, and on initial examination my vet thought it was a wart. Today he operated, and is fairly sure it is malignant. We will know by the end of the week. He does know, though, that it's cancer.

She doesn't act as though she's sick, but has a large incision where he took as much as possible, he said, to get all the tumor. We will see what the biopsy says, and then decide what's next. Radical treatment isn't an option for us, since my husband lost his job in January.

Please send us some prayers. Thanks to all.

Oh you are having such a difficult year. This has to end, I'm speechless as to why all these things are happening to such a great person. You know my prayers are with you and all your loved ones. Please Dear Lord watch and Bless this family which is so dedicated to each other and love their furkids. Please help these troubles pass. May you, and all your loved ones including the furkids be under the care of Our Most Precious Lord. In Jesus' name . Amen
 
Let me add my prayers for Ivy's quick recovery from her surgery and that the Vet was able to remove the tumor in its entirety and she will be with you and yours for many years to come.
 
Oh Ann!! I'm sorry that this is going on with your family right now. I'm sending hugs and kisses from the girls and hoping that the vet was able to get all of it out and that Ivy makes a full healthy recovery! We will be thinking of all of you and sending prayers your way. Hugs from me too!!
 
I'm so sorry for you and your family Ann! Hang in there! Hopefully things will get better soon!

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your family and Ivy. I really hope that the vet was able to remove enough tissue that the cancer will not return. It sounds as though it was caught fairly early so I'd think that is a good possibility.
 
Back
Top